Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Injuries

I love the age that Kailey is right now, because she can play on her own. It is nice to be able to sit her on the rug and her be able to entertain herself for awhile. I love to watch her. I always wonder what she is thinking about as she twirls her toys in her hands. She is also getting pretty good at moving around the rug without crawling. She just kinda sits herself up and then throws her body across the rug, and then does it all over again until she gets where she wants to be. It is funny to watch. The one thing that I do not like about this age though is that she is starting to get hurt! I mean not bad hurt, but hurt. Like she will lose her balance and fall backwards. I don't know if it really hurts her, or just surprises her, but she cries anyway! It is sad to see her experiencing pain for the first time. I know that is definitely part of life, and that I have to just let her experience it, though. This makes me realize so much more, how hard it must have been for God to give us Jesus. I mean he didn't just fall over on the rug, he was really hurting. How was God able to stand watching us crucify his only son, if I can't even handle watching Kailey tip over on the rug! So profound, I know. That is so neat that God gives us children, and even before they can talk they teach us more about Him. Really cool....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I mean he didn't just fall over on the rug, he was really hurting."

quality.

i think of kailey at work...like, i hope she's not getting sick from other kids like i am. and i hope nobody bites her.