Monday, June 30, 2008

Thankful!!

I knew that I would love staying home with Kailey this summer, but I just didn't know how much! I am not saying that it isn't tiring, because it most definitely is that! But, overall, I love being home with my sweet baby girl. I love her being my alarm clock in the morning, instead of my annoying "nature sounds" alarm clock I use for school. I love having a schedule with her and feeding her new foods. I love how everyday it seems like she learns something new. She is so close to crawling now, we can taste it! (she is just having trouble with the legwork..). It is so crazy how fast she is growing. She will be 7 months old on Saturday and when I think about how much she has changed from those first few days in the hospital it is overwhelming!


I mean, is that even the same baby?? I definitely am learning to treasure every single moment. I wonder sometimes if I would be this way if I hadn't experienced all the sad baby stories in my life. Sad baby stories just absolutely move me more than anything else. I have been hearing a lot of them lately. Just of people miscarrying, or their baby dying of SIDS, or stillbirths. It is just overwhelming sometimes. It just shows me that Kailey is such a miracle. I want to show you this blog that I have been somewhat following for a little while now. It is definitely sad, but the author, Angie, really touches my heart because she is so honest with the emotions she is feeling at this time of her life. I am sure that her blog is read by hundreds of people and that she ministers to each of them in a special way. I just thought I would put the link on my blog for those of you who have kids. It will definitely teach you to be thankful for your kids, even on those frustrating days! The link is www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com. Make sure you click on the link that is at the top left so you can read her very first post ever. It explains it all...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shut up. i've been following that blog for a while now. thats really interesting that it found its way to you. i think someone i know goes to church with them or something, thats how i heard about it. and i've done the same thing as you, even though i'm not kailey's mom...just thought about how many stories like hers i've heard lately, and i love kailey so much even though i've only been with her twice.