Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby Food and Baby Einstein

One of Kailey's first experiences with baby food! (And mine..)
Kailey is getting on a pretty regular schedule of eating baby food and it has caused me to evaluate the whole baby food process. She has been so good so far on eating baby food. There hasn't been one thing she hasn't liked. She has eaten green beans, green peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, applesauce, peaches, bananas, and even prunes! (Let me tell you, I will NEVER feed her prunes again, if you know what I mean!). She is a very good eater but I feel really bad for her. Have you ever smelled baby food? It smells DISGUSTING! Especially the veggies. I would never eat that stuff. The only way I eat sweet potatoes is with a good dose of brown sugar and butter, not just plain. YUCK! Well I guess she doesn't know what she is missing. I feel bad sometimes though when she tries something new and makes that "baby food" face. The one that says "what on earth is this that you are feeding me??" She usually overcomes it and I just keep force-feeding her this stuff that I know must taste horrendous! And on another note...


Thank goodness for Baby Einstein movies!! I know there are some mothers out there who refuse to show their babies movies because they don't want their children to get used to sitting in front of the TV. I totally don't either, but one video a day doesn't hurt and she LOVES them! Right now she is watching "Baby's first sounds" and it teaches her how to say "ba ba" and "da da" and other sounds. I think it is good for her. I mean I would totally feel guilty if she sat there for hours, but it is just 30 minutes. It just gives us something else to do, you know? Don't judge to harshly!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

I love the baby food face. Too cute! I think all moms need a Baby Einstein break now and then. You can always tell the criticizers (is that a word?) that at least you aren't letting her watch the junk that comes on regular tv!

Erin said...

Hey Hey! Can I be your blog friend, too? :)