Thursday, June 12, 2008

Schedule Change

Whew! What a day! I have been done with school now for a week, and I am still trying to get used to it! You would think I would be more rested since I am not having to work all day, but WRONG! It is way more work taking care of Kailey! It seems like ever since I have been home she has been waking up earlier and earlier every morning. It is like she knows that I want to sleep 30 minutes later so she wakes up 30 minutes earlier! But, she has been taking really good naps. Yesterday she started a new stubborn streak. I have been saying for weeks that she is a strong-willed child, and she is definitely proving to be so! Normally, when she is tired, I can just hold her close to me and rock her, while she sucks her thumb. Then she falls asleep. Not anymore! She now does this (very painful) thing where she squirms around and presses her (very strong) legs into my arm. Why do babies fight going to sleep when they are so tired? It is nuts. I wish someone would tell me to take a nap! The other thing I am trying to change in her schedule is her feeding. She has been on jar food for about a month and a half now, but I need to get her used to eating more of it more often. Figuring out all these little tricks about babies can be very challenging at times! How are you supposed to know how much to feed them? I always just feed her until she starts fussing and then I give her a bottle. That is about all I know to do! I guess we will work up to 3 meals a day over this summer hopefully! Even though all of this is challenging, it is definitely a great feeling to be taking care of her instead of teaching school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is allison. i will not pretend like i know enough to give you advice, since i am NOT A MOTHER, and you are. but there's this kid in my class who pisses me off every day because it takes me at least half an hour, sometimes longer, to get him to take a nap. i start running my fingers through his hair to calm him down, and eventually i just keep my hand going down his face, over his eyes, so he is forced to close his eyes each time i do it, and...whatever, it usually works. i hope that made sense.