
Well, I finally did it. I got a blog! I figured if I had facebook and myspace, that I could get away with not starting a blog, but I caved and got one! I don't really know how good at blogging I am. I guess we will see! My blog name is "Life with Kailey Rose" because really that is what my life is centered around at the moment! There is definitely nothing like having a 6 month old! She is a tremendous blessing and incredible miracle! I try not to take her for granted for even a second, although at times this is hard! I guess I should somewhat start at the beginning of her life, just to get everyone up to date!
Kailey Rose was born on December 5, 2007 at 5:49 pm. She was 9 pounds and 20 inches! It was definitely not an easy delivery. We went in the night before in order for the doctor to induce labor. So by the morning of the 5th I was in labor. Long story short: My epidural did not work and Kailey was not descending into the birth canal so we had to have a C-section. Not only that, but since my epidural didn't work, I had to be put under anesthesia. This meant that I wasn't awake, and Casey was not allowed in the delivery room. This was hard on both of us in the weeks following her birth, but we have definitely
made it through!
Kailey is named after my sister. My mom had a stillbirth when I was in late elementary school and her name was Hannah Rose. I always wanted to name a baby after her, and so I did! I try to remember Hannah when I take care of Kailey everyday. Taking care of a baby is definitely tiring and, at times, frustrating. But, I also know that every day that I have with Kailey is a gift from God and a miracle!

I obviously cannot write about every single thing that we have experienced in the last 6 months, so I will just tell you what kind of baby Kailey is! She is an AWESOME baby. In fact I am terrified of what our next child will be like because Kailey is so good! She is just very content and happy most of the time. She is only fussy when she is tired, hungry, or sick! So we are blessed!






2 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world! It's a lot more fun than myspace or facebook, I think. Much more personal. Kailey Rose is adorable! I hope you're enjoying your summer.
Kailey is the cutest baby in the world!!! I can't wait to see her. It seems like it has been forever.
Post a Comment