Has anyone heard about the giant crib recall?? I just happened to be watching Good Morning America the other morning, and they said that Jardine Enterprises was recalling 320,000 cribs. I thought "hmm..that sounds like a familiar name.." and I looked it up. Sure enough, Kailey's crib is being recalled. So I searched out the reciepts and applied for the voucher they are sending out to get us a new crib. For my 7 month old. Anyways...I told Casey when he woke up and he says "why? are all of them breaking? or just a few? What is wrong with them?". I said "4 babies have broken and fallen through the slats and almost gotten strangled". He is like "well that doesn't mean hers will". He then proceeds to try to break the slats. At first I was pretty mad at him for acting like a typical male, but then I realized the real reason he didn't want to take the crib back. It is because of all the hassle it took to get the thing!
In September Casey's parents came to visit. They decided that their baby gift to us would be the crib. Yay hooray! So we drove down to Austin to Babies 'R Us to pick out the crib we wanted. (It takes about an hour to get there). We picked it out and they actually had one in stock. So we loaded her up in Casey's dad's truck and brought her home. They open the box and it is our crib, except it is cherry instead of white. Casey called and they didn't have any more of them in stock, so he had to order it, which meant that Casey's dad's truck would be gone! About a week later Casey had to borrow Matt's truck and go down there to get our crib. This time Casey asks 3 million times if it is for sure the right crib, and even opens it to make sure that it is white. He brings it home and opens the box and....it is the WRONG CRIB!! Now as you can imagine we were pretty upset...talk about a waste of gas and time! So this time Casey borrows the church trailer and takes this crib back to get ours. He gets all the way home with it and there is a message on our answering machine saying that the glider chair we ordered from Babies 'R Us is ready for pick-up. hahaha You can't make this stuff up...
So anyway. They are supposed to be sending a voucher for the cost of whatever we paid for our crib the first time. Then we can pick out any brand crib we want from Babies 'R Us. Lets hope that this time we are able to get the crib home in the right style and finish the first time, or Kailey might be sleeping on the full size bed in the guest room. I'm kidding, but Casey is not!






No comments:
Post a Comment