Whew! What a week! As you can tell, I haven't had much spare time to breathe this week! The first week of school always seems like it lasts for about 3 weeks. By the time Wednesday got here, I was like "Really? It is ONLY Wednesday??". Since 6th grade is the entering grade at the Middle School where I teach, I am always overwhelmed with all they have to learn! They don't know their way around the building, so after every class period they are like "where do I go??". The other crazy thing is that for some odd reason, when they print their schedules out, homeroom and lunch are not on the schedule in the correct place. So, they get TOTALLY confused! We have to teach them how to have a locker and all that fun stuff too. But despite all of these minor headaches, I LOVE teaching 6th grade. They are the perfect age! It is when they are old enough to be responsible (It doesn't mean they are; they just should be!) and they are not quite to that teenage attitute yet. (That comes in the Spring after they have their "Worth the Wait" program in Science!)
Overall, my students (all 88 of them) seem to be WAY better than my group last year. I sent home two papers to get filled out on the first day of school, and my team had all of them back within two days! Whoa! Last year it took two weeks! I have one class with 15 boys and 3 girls. I was petrified to meet them on Monday because just 2 "bad boys" and the whole class goes down the drain. Luckily, all 15 of them are the BEST boys and it is now my favorite class! They are so sweet!
So, even though I am hoarse from teaching all week, aching from standing all week, and exhausted...I am definitely thinking this school year will be one of the best I have had, if not the best! Keep your fingers crossed!
***On another note, Kailey seems to be really adjusting to going back to "school". The first week was rough, but this week went a lot better! She is having fun playing with her friends! This morning I had a meltdown (my first one though, pretty good huh?) because she has a small cough and stuffy nose and I wanted to stay home with her! But, she doesn't have a fever and was acting completely normal, so she was able to go to school and I had to also. I just hate moments like that, where I can't be a stay at home mommy when she needs me! :( At least we have a 3 day weekend! Hooray Labor Day!***
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment