Thursday, September 4, 2008

Did I mention...

...that I despise the first 3 weeks of school? Because I do. Don't get me wrong, I love the school I work at, I love the people, I love teaching 6th grade, and I love teaching English. But...I hate the first 3 weeks. I just feel so behind on everything! So much paperwork to get signed and turned in and organized! I had a 12 hour day today because we had to stay for Open House tonight. Whew! Some of the parents are a bit quirky to say the least! But overall we have some good ones too. We have some really sweet kids this year! However, I almost started crying on the way home because I thought Kailey was already in bed. (She wasn't, so I got to see her for like 20 minutes..which is better than not at all!)

I am somewhat scared for next week because apparently one of the parents of our special ed/inclusion students doesn't think we are doing a good enough job on modifying his work so she is going to observe us teach him. Yipes! Can we really get in trouble for not being perfect in the 2nd week of school? Have mercy on your kids' teachers people, they are only human!

I promise, after the first 3 weeks are over, I will get to where I am not drowning and will actually post about something halfway interesting, and might even put some pictures! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't even get me started on quirky parents.

or how it takes forever to get them to turn in paperwork. like the emergency information sheet. you know, so when their kids jump off tables and break their necks, we can call and let them know.