Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kailey's new Play Area!






My mother-in-law was very generous and decided to give Kailey her birthday gift early! ( I know. Don't even get me started on how much closer we now are to the 1 year mark. I might just cry) She bought Kailey a play yard and play mat so that we can more easily keep Kailey in one place. I always thought it would be good to have one of these, but I felt sort of guilty for even thinking of putting her in what, to me, looks so much like a baby cage. However, now that I have this, I LOVE it! More importantly, so does Kailey! She loves having her own designated area that is just hers. Plus, it is so nice to be able to keep her toys away from where Addie could get to them. (I mean Addie is really good about not messing with them, but still. She is a dog that goes outside and comes drags stuff back in with her! )We have only had it a day, but I already enjoy it so much. It is just nice to be able to walk into another room and not have to worry about Kailey pulling something down on herself or pulling up on something and losing her balance on the tile floor. (Thank you SO much Gran and Papa!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! this is the phase of your life where your home belongs to her. i had no idea mom had any kind of decorating taste until we started moving out of the house.

believe it or not...it's just me said...

we LOVED! the play yard for Sam. we called it "jail" it was perfect for me so that I didn't have to worry about him while cooking etc. later we took out some links and used it for 'time-out' that worked well too. (no toys in there then of course)Have fun!