Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic High

Does anyone else get this like really excited feeling in their chest when watching the Olympics?? Because I get so excited! I feel like I have been watching them like 24/7 for 10 years. But it has only been 3 days! All I know is that every time Michael Phelps is about to swim I get SO excited. I am sure you'll agree that the 4 man freestyle relay from last night was the best thing ever! My mother-in-law is here with us this week, and her and I were watching (while we were waiting on Casey to get back from his youth trip. One of the alternator's broke in one of the church vans! I digress..) and both of us were on our feet and we like did this weird scream where we both screamed so loud and then immediately covered our mouths because Kailey had been asleep for like 2 hours and we didn't want to wake her. Right now, I am watching the mens gymnastics. It is also making me excited because I thought they were going to BOMB this year because the Hamm brothers had to drop out. They are doing SO GOOD! I am anxious to see what happens. Anyway, to sum it all up, I LOVE the Olympics. Anyone else in the same boat??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, me! that relay race WAS amazing. my favorite part was right after jason touched the wall, and they showed michael phelps looking up at the board, and his face was SO full of hope. it was a priceless facial expression. anyway...

honestly, i was hoping the hamm twins wouldn't go this year. i didn't know they qualified, but i was thinking that before. i feel like people that go back for their second or third olympics, at least in gymnastics, don't do well anymore. they're old. gymnasts age faster than other athletes. in terms of their skill.

i watched every minute of the coverage over the weekend, including the uber boring water polo match. and it bugs me that i have to be at work every day, even though all i'm missing is qualifying races and bike riding.

Ashley said...

I totally agree. I love that the whole world is united in this friendly competition. And I always get teary eyed when the national anthem plays and the flag is raised. I watched the opening ceremonies and my eyes were shining with patriotism. I love the Olympics!