Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Real Injury

I know I have said in the past that Kailey has started getting injuries, now that she is more mobile. But tonight she got her first one that drew a lot of blood. I think that I probably cried more than she did. We were at church in youth group, and always when the time comes for the Bible Study, I take her somewhere else. Otherwise she interrupts Casey with all of her chattering. Today we went into one of the Sunday School classrooms. She was having a blast. She pulled herself up with this black square table, and I was playing peek-a-boo with her. I would hide under the table, and then pop up. She just laughed and laughed. It was probably the hardest she has laughed ever. It was so cute! I love when she laughs. Well then tragedy struck. She got so excited that she kind of jumped and she didn't land on her feet. She caught her jaw on the table. I am guessing that what happened is her razor-sharp bottom teeth hit her top gums, based on where the cut is. Of course at the time of the injury I had no idea what was cut, I just knew something was because she was GUSHING blood. I mean it. Her shirt (which ironically says " I love to giggle") is covered in blood, my shirt is covered in blood. I RUN to the downstairs bathroom. By this time I am crying; She is not. I sit her on the counter and put wet paper-towells in her mouth. The bleeding stopped almost right away, but when I look into her mouth she has a big cut on her upper gum. By this time she is laughing and playing again. I am still crying. So, luckily tonight Casey wasn't doing the Bible Study and I compose myself to go in the room and get him. I had to angle Kailey to where nobody could see her front, because it looked like we had been involved in some sort of crime. Whenever I pulled him out I told him what happened and he is looking at her like "she's fine. she's not even crying" I am crying a lot by this time and I am like "I broke her. She is so badly hurt and it's all my fault". He thinks I am crazy. Maybe I am. All I know is I do not like when she gets hurt. I think she will be fine though, it was just really scary! I would post pictures, but who wants to remember this moment? Not me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww! poor kailey!! i'm glad she's ok.

you didn't "break" her. haha. she's got so much energy and curiosity...there are probably many more moments like this in your future. but it's good in a way, because she has such a good personality already.