I feel like I have tons of things to day, but none of them really are long enough to make an entire blog, so I will compile them all together into a list of ramblings for you.
1. I had my 36/37 week doctor's appointment yesterday. He "checked" me and said I am "maybe a fingertip"..which I pretty much expected. He also made a guess on the baby's weight and he says she is probably about 7 1/2 pounds at this point, and he thinks she will be around 8 1/2 or so in 3 weeks which is right on track with Kailey, who was 9 pounds when she was born. Kailey and Casey went with me to the appointment and it was the cutest thing. Kailey heard the heartbeat and she got wide-eyed and started going "boom boom boom" imitating the sound. The best part though was when I was finished she goes "daddy's turn??". haha. Dr. F was like "no no, just mommy!".
2. One of my least favorite side effects of pregnancy has kicked in, which is my inability to stay asleep for longer than an hour at a time. For example, on Saturday night I woke up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 5:30, and 7:00. Fun times. Some say, "well it is just getting you ready for the baby". I just know that when Kailey came, I was so thankful because she only woke up ever 3-4 hours, which was way better than every hour!
3. Another side effect of pregnancy that I deal with is my anxiety. When I am in "that time of the month" my anxiety skyrockets. I worry about anything and everything, and imagine all sorts of bad things happening to me or my family. Well, when I am pregnant, it is that way the entire pregnancy. Every day I can come up with some new thing that I am convinced is going to kill me, or one of my children, or my husband. I know that is kind of blunt, but it is something I majorly struggle with. I know it is from the devil, and that I need to just give it to God, but sometimes that is really hard. Monday as I was driving home from school, I really felt like God was showing me that my anxiety is NOT bringing him glory, and that, after all, is my purpose on this planet, so yesterday was a much better day anxiety-wise. I just really have been trying to pray about it and trust God, rather than my worries.
4. Kailey woke up at 3:30 last night crying. I figured it was probably a bad dream or something, so I went in there to get her and rock her. But, she would have none of that. "I want daddy!!" she said. Over and over again. She asks for him sometimes, but never in the middle of the night. Usually she is so tired she has no preference. So I, of course, automatically assumed it was because I am pregnant and that she feels like I am replacing her, because in my mind, that is totally logical. Did any of you guys that have more than one kid ever experience your kiddo rejecting you? Or...was it just the normal "I want daddy" stuff that they all go through? Just curious.
5. I only have 12 1/2 days of school left! I am SUPER pumped! This has been a doozy of a year with apathetic kids that have crazy parents. (For example, there is this one kid we have been having issues with all year, and all of us have contacted his mom at some point to speak with her about it. Well apparently she got really mad with one of his teachers yesterday, so today she is going with him to all of his classes to see what goes on at this institution. You know, because it could NEVER be her son, it HAS to be his 7 teachers ganging up on him!)Anyway, I am SO READY for summer!
6. I think that is all.
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
I am so sorry that anxiety has been able to steal peace of mind and joy from you at times. This makes perfect sense though...even not pregnant, I have moments fairly often wondering, "What will happen to my kids if Daniel and I both were to die?" We have yet to decide between our siblings who would have "custody" or whatever it's called, and haven't made a will yet...so I understand worrying about those you love...and you know exactly what to do, but that doesn't make it easier.
I think all 1st borns go through "I prefer Daddy" times. We were worried about the same thing with Chaz, especially once Hannah came because she had colic for 4 months and we thought he'd just hate us all, especially me or Hannah...but he did just fine and loves his little sister so much now! Maybe other people had different situations, but that's how it was for us! :)
So close now! Looking forward to another letter Friday!!!
Post a Comment