Kailey is saying new things constantly. It is just amazing what she picks up on, just by listening to people's conversations. There are a few things that I want to make sure that I remember to tell her about when she is older, so I need to blog them!
When she doesn't like something that we give her to eat she says "I don like it, is picy!" (I don't like it, it's spicy!)That is so funny to me, that she relates things being spicy to not liking them. She will have to get over that one seeing as she has a cajun boy for a daddy and a mom who loves mexican food! The cutest part of this saying is the face she makes. I want to try to get a picture, but we'll see how that works out!
When she wants to be held she says "Hold you! Hold you!"
Everytime we get something new, like this weekend we got a roman shade for the baby's room, she carries it around and names it "Shelby". One time it was a curtain rod, sometimes it is her popcorn popper push thingie, this morning it was her toothbrush. She just carries "Shelby" around and rocks it like it's a baby. She put the roman shade in the baby's swing yesterday. She also laid the shade down one the laundry basket and said "Shelby diaper change". It is so funny!
She's also been asking all sorts of random questions about the baby:
"Baby paci??"
"Baby diaper change?"
"Where baby's diaper go??"
"Baby swing??"
"Baby cry??"
She calls herself my "big baby" because I try to explain to her that the bassinette is for the baby. Well she says "I a baby", so then I tell her it is for the little baby in mommy's tummy and that she is a big girl! She says "no big girl! big baby!". So, we call her my "big baby" because apparently she is not ready to grow up any more than I am ready for her to!
After my mom left a couple of weeks ago Kailey talked about her and my dad for the whole week. She kept saying "no mommy daddy! Want grammy and pawpaw!!" Finally one day I said "why do you want grammy and pawpaw?" and she said "grammy and paw paw loves you!", meaning "because they love me!". Isn't that sweet, that she knows they love her? Of course, we tell her that all the time too....apparently that was lost in translation.
This was definitely a scattered post, but I knew I needed to document these little sayings before I lost them completely. I just don't want to forget how sweet and cute her first sentences are!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment