As most of your know, our sweet Makenna Grace was born on Tuesday. She was born at 1:41pm, and weighed 7 pounds 12 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long! (Quite a shock to me, who was for sure thinking I had a 10 lb baby inside of me!). She is doing really well so far. She seems to be eating and sleeping good and is a sweet tiny little thing. Miss Kailey is doing pretty good. She is really sweet with Makenna. She wants to give her kisses, and hold her constantly. She is obviously having some adjustment issues, but hopefully things will continue to get better over the next couple of weeks. I am doing pretty well also. I am pretty sore, and I hate taking the pain meds because they make me feel loopy, which is a catch 22! Each day I get better though, so hopefully within a week or so my pain will be pretty much gone. Here are some of my favorite pics of our sweet family so far:
Here is us before we left for the hospital:

Here is me before they took me back to the OR:

Since my spinal worked, I was actually awake for her birth and Casey was in the room, which was great! It was really hard when we didn't get to be there for Kailey to be born. Anyway, I totally burst into tears when she arrived. Such a great moment! Here are some pics of the delivery:





Here are a few more of my favorites:





And as always...there are more on facebook!
2 comments:
She's adorable. Congratulations. I felt the same way about the pain meds but its better to just take them and let your body heal. When I started being in pain i was grouchy so loopy is better than grouchy (at least those around me seem to think so!)
Kailey looks so much like Casey, but I am thinking Makenna is going to look more like you! And, I LOVEEEEEE her name so much! Congrats, sweet friend.
Post a Comment