Today is my blogging anniversary! I wrote my very first post 1 year ago today! I wasn't sure how it would turn out back then, but now I am happy I have done it! It is so neat to be able to look back and read about all the neat things we have experienced this past year. I have a couple of really cute stories from today, that you may not find very exciting, but that I think are very cute, and I want to blog them so that I can show Kailey one day. We will call these "the blanket stories".
Blanket Story Number 1:
Last night when I was getting Kailey ready for bed I was putting some laundry in the dryer. She followed me into the garage while I was doing this and drug her blanket with her. This blanket is sort of her favorite one, I guess because it is softer than the others. Since she drug it in the garage, it got dirty. So when I put her in her crib, I just set it on her chair and gave her a new one. Well in about 15 minutes, I heard her crying. So I opened the door and she was standing in her crib, and reaching for her "favorite" blanket going "uh uh uh" and pointing. So, being the horrible mother that I am (as far as giving in to her..) I gave her the blanket, and she fell asleep. When I went to check on her a couple hours later I switched the blankets back. Around 3:00 in the morning she started crying. I laid there for a couple minutes and she fell right back asleep, so I didn't think anything of it. Then at 7:00, she wakes up crying. This is very unusual for her, she usually wakes up around 7:30, and just lays and talks and plays. So I go in there, and once again, she is standing up, pointing towards the other blanket! I couldn't believe it! She actually remembered the other blanket and wanted it more. I guess she is growing attached!
Blanket Story Number Two:
This one is not as long, but I think its sweet. It definitely shows how smart she is! Tonight I was getting Kailey ready for bed (notice a trend..) and I said "ok go and find your blanket..where is it?". I was busy looking for something else and just kept telling her to find it. A couple minutes later she comes an finds me and has a different blanket in her hands. I thought she just grabbed it from the mound of her clean laundry in the guest room, and then I walked back into her room. Whenver I did, her dresser drawer that has her blankets in it was open! She was actually smart enough to know that when I said to get a blanket, that was where she was supposed to look. So cute!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment