Friday, June 5, 2009

18 months old!

***Update***

30. "buh-boo" (bubbles)
31. "wah wuh" (water)

Forgot those yesterday...sorry! :)

Original Post:

I cannot believe that my little baby girl is 18 months old today! Time as flown by! I miss having a little baby around the house, but I also love the age that Kailey is right now. She is so much fun. She is always learning new things, and it is such a joy to watch. Here are some comparison photos:

Kailey at 6 months (1 year agao):








Kailey at 18 months:






With the help of Casey's mom (actually she did most of it..) I have made a list of the words that Kailey attempts to say on a regular basis:

1. "Addie" (our dog)
2. "Da da" and "Daddy"
3. "ma ma" and "mommy"
4. "bu" (bird)
5. "moh" (more)
6. "cah" (car)
7. "Papa" (casey's dad)
8. "Paw Paw" (my dad)
9. "be be" (baby)
10. "jew" (juice)
11. "shews" (shoes)
12. "bye bye"
13. "hi"
14. "bah" (ball)
15. "buh" (book)
16. "ta you" (thank you)
17. "pease" (please)
18. "nigh nigh" (night night)
19. "goh goh" (gone gone)
20. "uh-oh"
21. "baa" (bath)
22. "no" and "no no" (no translation needed!)
23. "mie" (mine)
24. "bi buh" (bible)
25. "poo poo"
26. "Di puh" (diaper)
27. "boo" (balloon)
28. "ah me" (amen)
29. "beah" (bear)

A lot of them sound the same. But I know what she is trying to say! It is pretty amazing all she knows. I will try to keep her word list updated. We'll see!

Anyway, happy 18 month birthday Kailey Rose! We love you so much! You are getting to be such a big girl!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I totally just went through her word list and said each word aloud (in Kailey-speak). I'm a dork. BUT - Yay Kailey! She's so smart!

The Sotos said...

Such a smart little niece that I have!!!! Happy 18 months Kailey!

Anonymous said...

what is the phonetic difference between shews and shoes? i have been trying to figure that out. i have to know.

Sarah said...

It is like a shorter "s" sound. I couldn't figure out how to spell it! I almost put "shewsh" but then she doesn't really say the whole "sh" sound.

Unknown said...

the shews sounds a lot like the end of juice, if that helps.

--Emily the coolest aunt