Well, we finally got our "official" TAKS results in today. I am very proud of my students! As you know from previous blogs, this has been a pretty tough school year for me. My team always gets the "lowest of the low" kids put on our team. Basically it's because we usually have the patience for them and work well with them compared to some of the other teachers who prefer to work with the GT kids, etc. We are totally fine with this, except for when our scored are compared with the other teachers scores, in which case, I get pretty aggrivated. ANYWAY, all that to say, I am very pleased with our accomplishments this year!
On the very first round of benchmarks we took in October, Only 39 % of my students passed the test! This time, on the real TAKS test, 89% of the students passed! This means that I had 11 students fail, but considering 2 of my students can't read above a 2nd grade reading level, and 2 of them cannot read and comprehend English, that isn't too bad!
The part that made me really proud is that I had 28 students make a commended score of 90% or above! That is about 30 % of my total number of students.
I also had 10 more students that were only 1 question away from making commended!
So, YAY!
I'm glad that's over, and we only have 5 more full days of school and 2 half days! Woo hoo!!!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






2 comments:
Yay! I know that must be a big weight lifted off of your shoulders! Now you can enjoy the rest of the year. :)
Sarah,
Way to go, I am very proud of you and I love you very very much.
Dad
Post a Comment