My doctor's appointment was fine on Monday. He says he is pretty confident that my cycles will return to normal by losing weight. He did some bloodwork, to make sure it wasn't my thyroid or some other issue, and I haven't heard back from him, so I am assuming everything turned out fine. (He said he would only call if there was an issue). So, that gives me all the more motivation to lose weight! Here is my 3 week update:
Weight Loss Goal by April 14: Lose 20 pounds
Pounds lost this week: 1.2
Progress Towards Goal: 6.5 of 20!!
Favorite thing that I ate this week: My German Chocolate cake from Elite Treats! Yumm-o! I definitely ate way too much of it though, so I had to spend the rest of the week recouping from my birthday weekend! I'm definitely thankful for a weight loss despite the cake!
Favorite new Recipe that I made this week: Last night I made Avacado egg salad. Casey was not crazy about it, but I really liked it. You boil 4 eggs, chop up one avacado, put 2 tablespoons of mayo, 1 tsp of cumin, and salt and pepper. We ate it in a wheat tortilla, as a wrap, with chips and salsa. Since he didn't like it, I will be making it for my school lunches! :)
Exercising Goal: To walk or do the Wii Fit at least 3 times per week.
How many times did I work out this week? 4! I did the Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" workout Monday-Thursday. I'm planning on trying to do it either today or tomorrow as well.
I am only allowed to drink Diet Coke from Friday-Sunday.
Did I stick to that this week? I allowed myself to have a diet coke after my doctor's appointment on Monday. Partly because I needed it emotionally, partly because I had a headache and needed caffeine, partly because it was MLK day, which is technically the weekend, and partly because I am a giant cheater.
How did you guys do? Leave a comment or link up!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






4 comments:
WTG!!! You CAN have your cake and eat it too! (Maybe not every week, but birthdays are special!!) Let me know if you keep liking "ripped" after a few weeks, I may try it! I did her "30 Day Shred" for 3 weeks and had lots of injuries...lol. But seriously, I had to quit because my joints just couldn't take it. Glad your doctor appt went well too; great news!!!
You are doing awesome! I lost 5.2lbs for a total of 6.2lbs. (I don't feel like I've lost that much, but that's what the scale says.)
Nevertheless, I still have a ways to go. Thanks for being brave and starting this...I need accountability.
WEll, since I started the week by eating that German Chocolate cake right along with you, I basically took the week off from dieting. Not a good plan at all. My motivation was nil. There was an older man at church who ended up in the hospital this past week because of chest pains. We were all very surprised by this since we walks and works out everyday at the FLC. He had to have a stint put into one of his arteries. But they basically told him his heart was in great shape. This really opened my eyes to the fact that I need to be doing some cardio and probably some weights everyday. I want to be healthy for my kids and grandkids. So I have found my motivation and plan to stick to my diet and add activity in some form at least 5 days each week. I went for a 2 mile walk today for the first time in several months. So it is a start. One day at the time. One day at the time.
5 out of 30.
i have had avocado egg salad before. i LOVE it. i use plain greek yogurt instead of mayo to make it even healthier. actually anytime a recipe calls for mayo, i use plain greek yogurt.
my recipe also called for red pepper flakes (like what you put on top of pizza) instead of cumin. i think i might like your cumin version better. i'll have to try that.
Post a Comment