I do not very often ask for prayers, but tonight I feel like I really need them. I am going to see Dr. Fothergill (my OB/GYN) tomorrow at 2:00. There are several reasons why I am going, and several reasons why I would appreciate prayers.
After losing Brittyn, he asked me what we were thinking as far as having another child. (This was about 2 weeks after losing her). I told him that I really felt like we would start "trying" sometime this past fall.
We have never been very keen on "trying" to have a baby for a couple of reasons. 1) We have seen people with fertility issues that really struggled to get pregnant, and we just never wanted to put ourselves through the emotional turmoil actively "trying" causes. We believe that if it is supposed to happen it will. 2) We have never had a need to "try". If we wanted to have a baby, I have always gotten pregnant the second I even had the thought..
Til now.
Since we lost Brittyn, my cycles have been very sporadic. This can definitely happen after having a stillbirth, so I am not super worried about it, but it is frustrating. I am pretty certain that I am not ovulating at all at this point. I have not had a menstral cycle since November 6. (This has happened to me before. Before we had Kailey, I was about the same weight that I am now, and my cycles completely stopped. I lost weight, and they came back).
Anyway, obviously I am frustrated, and I would just appreciate your prayers for my appointment tomorrow, and just for this entire situation. I do not want to have to like, get on Clomid, or something for my cycles to get back to normal. I would rather them just come back on their own, but I am not sure what the probability of that is.
I also need prayers, that I will be content in realizing that Brittyn may have been my last pregnancy, which is very hard for me. I am incredibly blessed with my girls, and I do not have a need to do any sort of fertility treatments to have another child, so if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Probably, if it hasn't happened by the end of 2013, then we will not continue to "try" to have a baby at all.
So...please pray for my appointment tomorrow, and my contentment. I appreciate all of you!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






2 comments:
I can definitely identify with this. I'll be praying for you and agree with you in Jesus' name with your requests. <3
I know you are concerned and of course I will be praying for you. But God is in control of the whole situation. And don't be too quick to put time limitations on yourself or on what God can do. Love you.
Post a Comment