Friday, February 1, 2013

BEW Weight Loss Feb. 1

This week was extremely frustrating for me. Usually on weekends, I let myself cheat a little bit. Sometimes a lot (Such as last weekend, where I ate insane amounts of German Chocolate Cake!). This past weekend, I was right on the cusp of moving into another "decade" of pounds, and almost to 10 pounds, so I said to myself "Self: You are only allowed to cheat on Friday this week." So, that is what I did. I cheated on Friday, but then on Saturday I ate my correct amount of calories, did my Jillian Michaels workout, and did the first day of couch to 5K! Then on Sunday, I ate my calories correctly. The rest of this week I did exactly as I was supposed to do, and here are my results:

Weight Loss Goal by April 14: Lose 20 pounds

Pounds lost this week: 0.8 (Super frustrating! I lost more weight last week, after eating the aforementioned German Chocolate Cake ALL WEEKEND!)

Progress Towards Goal: 7.3 of 20

Favorite thing that I ate this week: I didn't really eat anything super exciting this week. Again, another reason I am frustrated! I did make this Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, which I have made before, and it is good.

Favorite new Recipe that I made this week: No new recipes tried this week.

Exercising Goal: To walk or do the Wii Fit at least 3 times per week.

How many times did I work out this week? 5. I did Couch to 5K twice, Ripped in 30 once, and I walked a mile once.

I am only allowed to drink Diet Coke from Friday-Sunday.

Did I stick to that this week? I had one medium Diet Coke on Tuesday night, but other than that yes.

I know this happens to everybody. It is just frustrating. Apparently losing weight is harder after the age of 30. Usually the first 10 pounds fly off of me in record time! This is probably a weird analogy to you guys, but this situation reminds me of my faith in God, after I lost Brittyn. After you see your best friend lose her baby, and then two months later, you lose yours, and you hear a billion more stories just like it, it is safe to say, that the devil tries to creep in and say "Why do you believe in a God, that allows things like this to happen??" At that point you have a choice, but really you don't. Your choice is: stay strong in your faith, or...that is it! I mean, what other choice do you have? If you don't have Him, you have nothing! So in regards to weight loss. My choice is: stay strong and keep trying or...give up and gain it all back? I mean how would that make me happy?

So, pretty blah week for me, hope you guys did better!

Leave a comment or link up!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I weighed in today and was the exact same weight as two weeks ago. I refused to weigh in at weightwatchers last week, because I had gained about 4 pounds after consuming the same German Chocolate cake the weekend before and basically taking the week off from dieting. So the week leading up to today, I got back on track. So I was glad to see I was back to that weight. I also did something I have never done in my life! I worked out Monday thru Friday! Yes, me! Monday I took a spin class. Tuesday and Thursday I walked on the treadmill. And Wednesday and Friday/today I worked out with a personal trainer. So that is 5 days people! My goal is to keep up working out in some way Monday thru Friday. Hopefully, I will have a loss to post next week.