Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sooooooo tired!

It always amazes me how starting back to school gets to me! I mean summer is only 2 and a half months long, but by the way I feel, you would think it has been 5 years! School started back on Monday, but it feels like it started back like 3 weeks ago! I think part of the reason I get so tired is because I teach sixth grade. It is their first year in middle school, so they are sooo needy.

"What period is it?"
"Where do I go?"
"How do I get there?"
"My locker won't open"
"When do we get library books"
"I don't have a planner"
"I don't have school supplies"
"Can I go to the bathroom?"
"I forgot that in my locker"

Over and over and over and over. I am usually pretty patient with them, but by the end of the day I am so mentally and physically exhausted from answering all the questions and standing up!

We also started a 7 period day this year, instead of 6 periods, so that has been interesting. Especially since my clock isn't working, and today was the first day the bells actually rang on schedule all day long! It has been pretty interesting using my cell phone as a clock and hoping it was timed with the bells! Since we have more periods this year, my classes are only 50 minutes long instead of an hour. It goes by so fast, it is crazy! I don't know how I'll get everything taught, when I already left things out as it was! But on the bright side I have two conference periods, which is sooo nice!

We got a new principal this year too. I really really like him. He is such a nice person, and seems to always be out and about helping and getting to know the kids. He seems really positive so far, so I am looking forward to working with him.

So anyway, it has been a crazy week so far with all these changes. I just wanted to give a quick update so you knew I was still alive, just incredibly exhausted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought this blog was supposed to be about kailey.

just kidding! =) i'm glad you like your new principal. a bad one would have made more stress with all those changes.

Ashley said...

I laughed out loud when I read all the questions! I am so sick of "Can I go to the bathroom?" Everything sounds like it is going pretty well for you. This is our second year of 7 period days, and I am still not used to it. It does make the day fly by though!