I can already tell (as in, I could tell on the first day of school..) that some of my students have a pretty bad attitude. Especially in like, my entire 5th period. Those are the typical, defiant, "you can't tell me what to do", "I don't care you're an adult", type attitudes. But to me there is another attitude that I just simply cannot stand, and that is the Pre-AP (Pre-Advanced Placement)I know more than anybody else in the world attitude. Here is an example of a conversation I had with one of those blessed litte souls yesterday.
Background info: Every day my students come into class, sit down and write in their planners (their homework assignments , etc.) then get started on their warm-up. I take attendance and initial their planners as they do this. Yesterday, however, a student was 10 minutes late to class, and was 15 minutes late the day before, so I had to take this student in the hall and scare the living daylights out of him, so that he would never be late again. So I sit back down to take attendance afterwards and...Conversation:
Student: (In her best "duh-mrs.-Williams-you-are-such-an-idiot" voice) "Aren't you going to guh-rade (grade) our puh=lanners (planners)???"
Me: "Didn't I say, I was going to grade your planners?"
Student: "Uhh I don't know"
Me: "Don't I usually grade your planners?"
Student: "Yes, but you SURE are taking a LOOONG Time"
Me: "Didnt' you see what I just had to take care of in the hallway?"
(Because seriously those kids were like plastered to the door listening..)
Student: " I thought you went to the bathroom"
Me: "Well, I didn't. I was speaking with another student in the hallway"
Student: (Roll of the eyes, and a huff)
Me: "Well..is it ok with you if I check attendance first, or did I need to come grade the planners right now?" (sarcasm)
Student: (Bright red, annoyed face)
So then the class passes by, the bell rings, and the next class starts. Then another student comes up to me and says:
"umm. Mrs. Williams...somebody wrote something really bad about you on my desk!"
I said: "Already?? It's only the 7th day of school!"
So I go and look and of course it is little Miss Pre-AP's desk, and it says "Mrs. Williams Sucks". (which seriously wasn't that bad compared to what is usually written on those desks!)
So long story kinda short, I went and found her, she confessed, and I told her to let me do my job, because I could handle it without her help.
Now onto my little angel and her "Terrible Twos" attitude.
OH. MY. GOODNESS.
What has happened to my sweet little, bubbly, happy, princess??
She is now going through an "i-can-do-it-myself-leave-me-alone-pitch-a-fit-every-five-minutes" phase.
It's LOADS of fun.
I mean she's cute. And I love her. But HOLY COW. I can't wait til this has passed!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
it makes me laugh that kailey has an attitude problem.
remember that time I taught her to do a "sic 'em bears" every time you ask her what a bear says? joy of my life. =)
Post a Comment