Wednesday, August 5, 2009

20 months

Kailey is 20 months old today! I cannot believe she is only 4 months away from being 2! I wish that I was one of those fantastic mothers that keeps a list of all the words their child can say, but I'm not. But I can tell you that Kailey knows a LOT of words. Probably too many to count. Now you may not know what she is saying when she talks, but most of the time I do, since I am with her all the time. Here are some of my faves that she's learned recently:

"wacker" (Cracker)
"teese" (Cheese)
"Wah" (Walk)
"Wah" (Rock)
"Mee-nah" (banana)
"Apuh" (apple)
"Pahker" (Parker) Matt and Erin's son
"bye bye da da" (Her first little sentence cluster)
"Ehmo" (Elmo)
"Emmy" (for her Aunt Emily)
"La wah" (for her Aunt Laura)
"me me" or "be de" (for my mom, her Grammy)
"poon" (spoon and fork)
"pah" (pot)

It seems like she learns a new word everyday. She just picks up on everything now!

My favorite thing that she does when she plays is when she pretends she is me. She grabs one of her stuffed animals, and her purse, and says "bye bye" and puts the animal on her hip and toddles off. It is the cutest thing ever, and hopefully I'll get it on camera soon!

It has been so fun being her mommy so far, and I can't wait for what the coming years have in store. Kailey is such a blessing, and I just can't imagine loving her any more than I already do, but everyday my love just keeps growing. I am so thankful for her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! my name finally made the list! score!