So, I did something crazy. I decided I was going to make Kailey's Birthday Cake for her party. That isn't the insane part. The insane part is that I decided I was going to try to make a fondant cake, having never used fondant, or seen it in person, in my life! So I started the cake on Thursday night. I baked all 3 tiers (yes..that is insane too..) and then I was going to ice the cake last night (the night before the party). To make matters worse, Casey's staff party was last night, so we didn't get home until 10:00. So I start icing it, and Casey comes up with the idea that I need to do the whole thing last night, instead of doing part of it this morning before the party. I definitely agreed with him, especially after I got started. It was so stressful using fondant! I was so scared I would mess it up! Needless to say, I began the cake at 10:30 and finished at 3:00am. Casey said "maybe you should start doing this for a living..." and I simply said "never again. never again will I do this". I am glad I did it, it was fun, but seriously. Never again. Here are the pics of my fun time last night/this morning!




Oh yeah, and I forgot to say that I had to dye some of the fondant, and my hands are now dyed pink and I can't get it off!!

Here is what I told Casey I had to have in order to accomplish the task!



The finished product!
2 comments:
I am seriously so impressed. If you would like to make Zoey's cake in a few months...just kidding. Love the cake, and I can't believe Kailey is already one! Where does the time go????
ummm... that is awesome! yes, you are insane, but that is truly one amazing cake! well done mama. Happy Birthday, Kailey!
And I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. We will be praying for all of y'all.
Post a Comment