For the past few days I have really wanted to post some negative facebook statuses. I have just been having some issues with my thought life. There have been so many things that have been frustrating me to peices lately. A big part of it has been people getting on my nerves, and then instead of just not worrying about it, I just let it stew. I mean, I really shouldn't care so much what other people do. It is none of my business. If people don't do things the way I would, so what? I just need to Let.It.Go.
Then today comes along, and I have a parent conference. It was one of those conferences that can make your blood boil. Where the parent is being totally unrealistic in their requests and trying to make me feel like a complete and total moron. It seems like it always comes around, right around the time that I am feeling super confident in my teaching abilities. Like things are going pretty much perfectly in the classroom. Then BOOM, a negative conference, to bring me back to earth. All afternoon and evening, I have just been worrying about it. I mean, I KNOW that this person was off thier rocker, but yet I still let it get to me. I let it get to me to the point of not even enjoying my precious girls for the few hours I got to see them today. (Who am I kidding..It is Wednesday..It was a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes).
So, I got them to bed and sat down, still feeling so discouraged and decided to do my quiet time. I am sporatically doing a She Reads Truth devotional on Phillipians. I may be sporadic, but it was definitely not random what tonight's was about. Phillipians 4:4-9. I mean, did I need this, or did I need this:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." (Phillipians 4:4-9)
Yeah.
So...
I didn't post the facebook statuses rolling around in my brain.
I am so thankful the Lord is near. I am so thankful He gave me these words today, because I really needed them. I'm going to try so hard, to give these worrisome, "I'm a bad teacher" thoughts to Him, and think about all He has blessed me with, and ultimately, that none of this matters. He is what matters, and furthering His kingdom is what matters. Not what my students make on the STAAR test, or what their parents think they should be learning, or what I should be doing. Those things don't matter at all. I should be thinking about what is true, and noble, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable, and excellent, in His eyes.
And, I know this might not fit into the above category, but I am definitely a "date" person. As in, I remember every date for every momentous occasion under the sun. Especially this first year after losing Brittyn, I remember every last moment of her precious little life. Today is the day that we went for our big ultrasound last year. We found out she was a girl, and that she was healthy. This next month is going to be full of those little moments for me. (So, FYI, you may want to block me if you don't want to hear about it..) I'm still grieving in a lot of ways..but I am definitely thankful for all of those little moments that I had with her, because they are all I had. So, hopefully this falls into the "excellent and praiseworthy" category...(maybe??)..but I am putting the link to my blog about March 6th, last year, in honor of this day.
And Baby Makes Three...
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment