What.A.Year. In a lot of ways I am happy to see 2012 go, but in others I am sad. After all, this will be a year without Brittyn, in any form or fashion, which is hard. I know that might seem like a weird thing to say. I'm ok with you thinking that.
I felt like I should blog about 2012, and then Kelly's Korner had a fun way to bring in the new year, so I decided I would follow her format:
1. What are you most thankful for?
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?
3. What are you hoping for in 2013?
4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (clothes, movies, songs, TV shows)
5. Who was God to you in 2012?
1. I am most thankful for my Savior, my husband of 9 years (wow!), my three precious daughters, my house, my job, Casey's job, my Swaggerwagon, Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, and Sonic Diet Cokes. (In no particular order).
2. Highlights of 2012 were: Turning 30 (surprisingly...), being pregnant, realizing how much my friends and family care about me, paying off a lot of debt, getting $5,000 of my student loan forgiven, watching Kailey and Makenna grow and change into little people with such personalities, planting and taking care of my Brittyn flowers, going on a cruise, snorkeling in Cozumel, Having the best group of students I have EVER had the privelege of teaching, meeting Angie Smith, celebrating 9 years of marriage, planning Makenna's Pink Lemonade Picnic 2nd birthday party, and planning Kailey's Pancakes and Pajamas Birthday party (shallow yes, highlight most def!)allowing God to use me to bless other people, through sponsoring a child, etc.
3. What I'm hoping for in 2013: To pay off most of my student loan, to become pregnant/have a baby, that everybody I love stays healthy, that God continues to mold me into who He wants me to be, that God continues to show me what he wants me to do with losing Brittyn, that we will fund one well for the people in Uganda in honor of Brittyn, that Makenna becomes potty trained (like now.),that I will lose at least 30 pounds (also like now).
4. My favorites of 2012: REVENGE (the TV show, not the action), REVOLUTION, Sonic Diet Coke (duh), Starbucks White Mochas, Chick-fil-A Chicken nuggets, Karen Kingsbury books, facebook, instagram, pinterest, my turquoise-ish nail polish color, spending time with my girls, watching/listening to the girls as they play together, the German Chocolate cake Casey make me for my birthday, My new red polka-dot Toms Casey got me for Christmas, my apple products, etc.
5. Loaded Question. God was my Peace in 2012. To say that my relationship with God was different this year than any other is an understatement. Through Erin losing Graham, and me losing Brittyn, I questioned God. Like a lot. I just didn't understand why we lost our babies. (Still don't). Through all my questions, and all my worries and doubts, God has been with me, and has given me so much peace. I know that He is in control of my life, and He has a greater plan for my life than what I have imagined for myself, and I have come to a place of trusting Him, even when I can't understand what in the world is going on. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Constant, and my Peace.
Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from 2012: (I have SO many more. But I had to stop!)
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
How do you make me "ugly cry" with your beautiful words?? :)
Your honesty with your pain and your vulnerability of sharing your joys as well has helped me grow too this year! Thank you, thank you. Your girls are beautiful and it's fun to look back and see them growing! A happy and blessed gift of 2013 to you!
Post a Comment