Time is a funny thing. It really plays tricks on you, and at the same time helps you heal. I think of Brittyn every day, with every breath. But when I think about how I was just 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have already begun the healing process in so many ways. I really am coming to grips with the fact that this is what God wanted. He wanted her to be in Heaven with Him, instead of here with me. That is comforting in a lot of ways.
I think this weekend and following week will be hard for me. After all, it is Mother's Day. About 5 weeks ago I said to Casey "Every single time I have been pregnant, even with Baby #2, I was pregnant on Mother's Day! That is so neat!". Little did I know, that Brittyn would not be in my belly this Mother's Day. I think that is going to be hard for me. Plus, the next day is the one month mark, and the day after that (the 15th) marks the day I began having my miscarriage 3 years ago.
So, rough week ahead, but I know God is going to carry me through, just like he has for the past 4 weeks.
Look at this pretty necklace I ordered to remember Brittyn each day! Isn't it great? I ordered it from this etsy site. She does all sorts of stamped necklaces that are really cute, if you are looking for a Mother's Day gift for yourself! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment