Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Preggers!!

Yup, that's right, I am pregnant again! This was a "surprise" pregnancy, but we are very excited. I always kinda wanted the third one to be a surprise, so here we are! I am due on August 8 (yet more evidence that it wasn't planned. I mean what teacher would actually plan to miss the first few weeks of school??). God is definitely showing us that He is in control and that we need to trust Him. I am scared about how we are going to afford daycare for this baby and how in the world I will entrust my classroom to somebody else for the first 3 weeks of school, but it is just making me rely on Him even more, which is probably why He has allowed this to happen! We feel so incredibly blessed to have our two girls, and so blessed that we are able to have another child! So, since this will be our "caboose" baby (unless God has other plans!) I am going to try to do all those things that I forgot to do with the other two pregnancies. The first one is that I am going to try to do a weekly update on the pregnancy like so many other bloggers I know have done. This week I do not have a belly pic, but from now on I will. :)

9 weeks!

Size of Baby: A grape

Total Weight Gain/Loss: No idea. I'll know after my next appointment.

Maternity Clothes: Well pathetically enough, I need to start wearing different pants already. I really just need to find my belly band, but I cannot find that sucker and Target didn't have any in my size! So, I actually had to wear maternity pants to work today, which made me look about 5 months pregnant!

Gender: We find out March 6!

Movement: Well supposedly I can't feel the baby this early, but I could have sworn that I felt flutters last night and this morning.

Sleep: Is it possible that this is already really bad? I already have to wake up to go potty 4 times a night, so I am not sleeping well, which is too bad because I am SO tired!

What I miss: My daily Sonic Diet Cokes!

Cravings: Sour candy

Symptoms: My boobs hurting; my constant need to potty; swollen inside of my nose; fatigue

Best Moment This Week: Telling my principal the news. I was SO incredibly nervous to tell her, since it means that I will miss thie first 3 weeks of school next year. It was such a God thing when I told her because she was probably more excited than anybody I have told to this date, and when I told her the due date and that I was worried she said "Oh, that is no big deal! Both my kids were due in August and September, so I missed the beginning of the year both times!" I could NOT believe that God answered my prayers in this way. It was the biggest sense of relief and peace and a very obvious way of God, once again, showing me that He is in control!


Misc.
-Here is our first ultrasound pic, taken at 7 weeks on the dot:

-Kailey says we are going to name the baby "Elmo".
-When we told Kailey we were having a baby she said she wanted a baby brother this time. When I told her the chances were highly unlikely and that God would decide, she looked at the sky, held up her hands and said "God, I want a baby brother!"

That is all for now! :)

3 comments:

believe it or not...it's just me said...

wow! that is awesome!! Congrats!

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you guys. That story about Kailey is beyond cute!

Leslie said...

SO excited for you guys!!!! I'll be coming to you for advice on this whole having a girl thing. :)