Tuesday, January 24, 2012

12 weeks and 30 years old

Well, I turned the big 3-0 last week. I'm still not quite ready to own up to it, but I guess I better get over it. I just feel so old! The good thing is that my husband made my birthday incredibly special. I am very blessed to have an incredibly thoughtful husband. The night before my birthday he made me a German Chocolate Cake from scratch(my new favorite cake)!On my birthday morning he went and got me breakfast (donuts, yum!). He then oh so thoughtfully shoe-polished my car with great big "30th Birthday" "Happy 30th Birthday", etc. He gave me a brand new phone case (which is pink and gray, super cute) and my favorite sour ribbon candy. For dinner we got to have 5-guys instead of the normal Wednesday night Chick-Fil-A. The best thing was though, that he told me I had to pack a bag and be ready to leave right when I got out of school on Friday. When I got home my mom was here, ready to take care of the girls, and Casey and I got in the car to head to our mystery trip. He got 2 of my favorite snacks (sushi-not raw, and fresh fruit) and stopped to get my favorite drink (sweet tea from McAlister's). We drove and drove, and finally about 7:30 arrived in Allen. We walked up to P.F. Chang's and our friends Marcus and Whitney were there to spend the evening with us! We had a great dinner and then went bowling at this really cool bowling alley. Casey booked a hotel room at a really awesome hotel (Hyatt Place) in Plano. The next morning he brought me breakfast in bed and then we went shopping. He knew I had been wanting some Toms, so he researched the stores in Frisco that had them! I picked out the ones I wanted, and then we headed to lunch at my favorite restaurant (Fadi's!). After lunch we met a couple other friends for cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Then he let me pick out a new purse from Vera Bradley! After this we jumped in the car and headed home. When we got back in town he took me to restaurant and had a surprise party for me! Like I said, I have a very thoughtful husband. So, even though 30 has been quite an adjustment, I am thankful I get to share my life with him and our beautiful girls. Now for what you are wanting to read about:

12 weeks
Size of Baby: A lime

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Um. 6 pounds. Can I claim Christmas and my birthday as a culprit?

Maternity Clothes: Who am I kidding. I'm in all maternity. It's pathetic.

Gender: We find out March 6!

Movement: Too early

Sleep: Still not great. I just have to get up a bunch to potty during the night. Tiredness is definitely my worst pregnancy symptom.

What I miss: My daily Sonic Diet Cokes!

Cravings: Sour candy or really just enjoying to eat. I feel hungry constantly. (hmmm 6 pound weight gain much?)

Symptoms: Fatigue; breast tenderness; gas; the constant need to potty. (TMI? Too bad).

Best Moment This Week: Going to the doctor and hearing that heartbeat again. I also had to see a nurse practioner, which is very common with my doctor. Usually I cannot stand seeing them, but this one was wonderful, so I feel really good about the appointments I have scheduled with her.

Misc:
No pic this week. I keep forgetting to stay in my cute outfits long enough to take a pic. Plus it is just pathetic.

Please continue praying for my friend Erin. Here is a link to her latest update on Graham.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/grahamdugan

No comments: