Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Classroom

I decided to change up my classroom theme this year. I was sick of looking at the same old curtains and bulletin boards. My mom was gracious enough to make me some cute curtains for my cabinets. I decided to cover my bulletin boards with black fabric, and then I did a black and white theme. I think it turned out pretty cute! I also wanted to give a shout out to my friends Lindsey and Leslie for giving me some really great ideas for my classroom this year! Here are some pics!:

This is my classroom library:


Here is the back bulletin board, which I change each season, as well as the charts I use for a reading competition between class periods:


This is the reading corner where the students can read or do work as a reward:


This is one of the table buckets I made. There are seven in all:


These are the trays where each class period turns in their work:


This is where my word wall begins:


Here are the cute curtains my mom made, and the rest of the word wall:


These are the hall passes I made:


This is a picture of the front of the classroom, from the back of the classroom:


Here is my desk, with a shrine to my children on the bulletin board:


Here is the assignment board and the calendar:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Super cute classrooom, Sarah! Love all the decor! I especially love the hall passes. Did you make those out of fabric?