Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Girl's Nursery

We finally have the nursery completed (except for her name on the wall!). It has been really fun working on the room. It is definitely a lot different than Kailey's room! We had to do some major rearranging, to turn our guest rooom/office into a nursery. We have moved a lot out of the closet and into the garage, and then a portion of the closet is still going to be used for some of our stuff, but that's ok!







Her name will go above the dresser. I just ordered it from Etsy, and I think it is going to be really cute! Whenever I get them, I will post a picture of one letter, just as a teaser so you can see the design and make your guesses about the name.



This is the diaper stacker. I was really blessed to get this! It was the last one in stock ANYWHERE!


My sister, Emily, painted these giraffe pictures, and she won the zebra picture at an auction for us.




The bedding that I chose started being discontinued about mid-way through the process of designing the nursery. We weren't able to locate the mobile that came with the bedding, but my mom found this mobile, and she just recovered the arm and the umbrella to match the bedding. It turned out pretty cute, and it is pretty crazy because she did it in Kingwood, and didn't have the bedding with her to match the colors!



Casey painted the walls and replaced all the baseboards. He also replaced our celing fan, which normally isn't that difficult, However, we could not find a brushed nickel fan with black blades, so we bought one with white blades and he painted them!He did a really great job, I think!




A little less than 7 weeks to go!

No comments: