Sunday, April 19, 2009

TAKS Nightmare

I am sure all of you are tired of hearing me whine about the TAKS test. So, I won't whine. I'll just tell you about the nightmare I had last night.

It was the day of the Math TAKS, which is the day before the one I teach for. I am in my homeroom class, desks spread about, kids with booklets on their desks. The only thing that is odd is that they will not stop talking. I mean they are giggling and talking AND taking their test.

So I begin freaking out. I'm like "Be quiet! You are taking the TAKS test! You can't talk". "Seriously, be quiet".

They still won't so that is when I begin sobbing crying. I mean I am like hyperventilating I'm like "Mrs. Bunch has been teaching her heart out to get you ready for this test, BE QUIET!!!"

So then my principal and instructional facilitator come in, only to find a room of chaos and a crazy sobbing mess of a teacher who is saying " This has never happened to me before!! I can always get them quiet!! They just don't care!!"

End scene.

The only part that isn't true about that nightmare, is the part where they are talking. The rest of it could very possibly happen. The sobbing mess, the not caring students.

I will be so happy when this test is over. 1 week from Wednesday!

And, only 6 more week of school. Holla!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is awful!! I can't wait until TAKS is over. I am so sick of talking about it, thinking about it, and teaching about it. I feel you, girl.

Michelle said...

Don't you just love school related dreams? The past two years I have had nightmares beginning about a week or two before the start of school.

Anonymous said...

if anyone understands the stress and annoyance of an evaluation, it is i. i've been praying for your TAKS (whatever that is...) i think every day since you told me about it a couple months ago. i think i missed a couple days when i was drunk (just kidding), but other than that...i've been thinking about you. tell me how it goes. or blog about it. whatev.