That is what I felt like, as I watched his concession speech last night. I felt like he was my grandpa and when he said "this is not your failure, it is mine" I completely burst into tears. I just don't want him to feel like that. I also pretty much couldn't handle Sarah Palin tearing up. I feel like she is one of my friends.
Now that I am done being pathetic, on to what I really wanted to post about. That is, I really have been pretty scared about Obama winning, today. I was in such a somber mood all day just really torn up and freaked out. Ya'll are my friends so you obviously know it is not because he is black, it is not even because he is a democrat. It is more than that. I can't help but feel like he is up to no good. I just feel like there is more to him then we have seen so far. I know many many people feel the same way I do. I feel like God has been so incredbily merciful on us, I just keep waiting on the bottom to fall out so to speak.
I just worry about what is in store for us. But then I remember that my God is in control. I completely relate to my friend Ashley's blog. Read it if you have time. She is so right, I just need to trust in Him. He allowed this to happen and either we are all freaking out for nothing, or something huge really is about to happen, and He will take care of us through it all. I hope for the former, but am preparing for the latter. The best way to do that is to not freak out and worry, but to trust in Him.
That is my political piece....and now I'm done!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
I feel exactly the same way. I am freaked, but I am just trying to remain calm.
Post a Comment