Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ch Ch Ch Changes!

I am not good with change.

There are SO many changes happening at my school and in my school district for the upcoming school year. It has me all worried and anxious and sad and you name it. My principal is leaving, and several of my "teacher friends", and 2 instructional coaches, and the list goes on. The last time I felt this insecure about my job is 3 years ago when I was forced to move to a new campus. I was terrified. I didn't want to leave my "teacher friends" from my old campus, and I was just not sure about my new principal, and I just didn't know what to do.

But then...

God really showed me how much more He knows about my needs than I think I know! I have NEVER worked at a better campus, under a better principal, in my career. It really has been like a family. I attribute that feeling mainly to my principal (who is leaving) but honestly I think a big reason why it feels like family, is because we have a rough group of students. They put us through.the.ringer on a daily basis. (Well not all of them...but a portion of them that make us feel like it is all of them!) Withou the support of each other, we wouldn't be able to face our jobs some days!

So, I think that is why I am having such trouble with the changes. I felt so secure with these people that I worked with, and now a bunch of them are being ripped away from me. So now, I will have to get used to new administrators, and find new "teacher friends" all while dealing with a new group of students. It is just hard.

But,

If there is one thing I know, it is that God is Sovereign. He knows what is best for me. He knew it was best for me to change campuses 3 years ago, and He knows I am supposed to be there amidst all of these changes. Just like I could never have imagined loving a school more than I love my school....He knows these changes are what I need.

I just have to trust Him.

No comments: