My first doctor's appointment was scheduled for the day of my grandpa's funeral, so I had to reschedule it for July 2nd. It was SUCH a huge leap of faith to do that. I just really wanted that peace of mind, as early as possible. But, losing Brittyn taught me, that you can have all of your appointments go wonderfully, but that doesn't ultimately mean you will keep the baby. Plus, God is in control, whether I am at the doctor's office or not, so I just had to trust Him.
Thankfully my appointment went really well, even though I was SO nervous. I am due on January 27th!


Tomorrow, I will be 13 weeks, which I am thankful for. I am really going to try hard to update at least once a month on how things are going. We will see how that works out!
Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 13 weeks
Size of baby: About 3 inches long, and weighs about 1 ounce. (The size of a pea in a pod)
Maternity Clothes: Not yet. For a few of my pants, I've been wearing my belly band, but mainly just because I don't like squeezing into them, even though I could. Plus, most days I just stay in pajamas. (See: LAZY Stay-at-home mom, from last post).
Gender: We will find out on September 6th (I could have scheduled it for a week earlier, but that is the first week of school, and well, yeah right. Thankfully my doctor will be doing my ultrasound this time, instead of radiology, which I am thrilled about!)
Total Weight Gain: I am hoping not much. I'll know after my appointment next Wednesday.
Movement: None yet.
Sleep: What is that? It really is ridiculous, but I have such bad insomnia, plus the peeing every 30 minutes, that I usually cannot fall asleep until around 2:30 or so. It is just awful.
What I miss: Sleep. And drinking diet coke whenever I want. :)
Cravings: Sandwiches. Which is SO weird, because normally I will avoid eating sandwiches at all cost.
Symptoms: Peeing every 30 minutes, some round ligament pain that just started this week, and the insomnia. Oh, and sometimes my sciatic nerve in my back hurts, which also causes me to not be able to sleep.
Best moment this week: Hm. I didn't really have anything big that happened this week pregnancy-wise.
Here is a pic of my from last week, at the 12 week mark (See: never get dressed, LAZY stay-at-home mom, last post):






No comments:
Post a Comment