I wasn't going to blog about this, but then I kept trying to write a facebook status about it, and I erased it about 15 times before I realized that I couldn't fit all of my thoughts into a status.
You guessed it. It's about Chick-Fil-A.
So stop reading if you are as sick of the whole debate as I am. I guess I just really wanted to clear something up. I went to Chick-Fil-A twice today, but for some reason people think I did because I hate gay people?
And I'm not talking about non-Christian people here. I'm talking about at least 4-5 of my facebook friends who are Christians.
The reason I went to Chick-Fil-A today was because Dan Cathy said the following, when ASKED about his views on marriage:
“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.
“We operate as a family business … our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that,” Cathy emphasized.
“We intend to stay the course,” he said. “We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.”
Then after he said these things, well you all know what happened. People started calling him "homophobic" and accused him of speaking "hate speech".
So then Huckabee said we should all go to Chick-Fil-A on August 1st to show our support for Mr. Cathy.
OUR SUPPORT FOR MR. CATHY.
For some reason today, instead of it being viewed as support, people are accusing those of us that went of the same things they accused Mr. Cathy. And I'm not talking about "worldly" people...I'm talking about Christian people.
He never said anything hateful about gay people, and neither did I. Why isn't it obvious that those of us that went are supporting him...and not that we hate gay people? It just really bothers me that even on a day like today, when it is a pretty easy way to support a Christian brother who took a stand, a lot of Christians 1) refused to do so and 2) started calling foul on the people that went.
It's just ridiculous.
I just wanted to be perfectly clear (although I would think by my character people should know this) that I don't hate gay people. I just was supporting a VERY generous man, who shares the same Christian beliefs that I do.
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment