I can't believe Makenna is 2! Where did the time go? This year we rented the pavilion at Whistle Stop Park for her party, which is this really cool park next to the train station. The theme of her party was "Pink Lemonade Picnic". Here is her invitation:
For favors, I made each family a bag with lemonade mix and pink and yellow jelly beans.
(I ordered her invitations, banner, thank you cards, cupcake/favor tags, and water bottle labels from this shop on Etsy).
We had a picnic with hot dogs, chips, fruit, pink lemonade cookies, and of course pink and yellow lemonade. The adults drank their lemonade out of mason jars, and the kiddos had Capri Suns.
We had birthday cupcakes instead of cake, which I ordered from Gogos Cupcakes. We had strawberry lemonade cupcakes and chocolate with vanilla icing.
(I ordered Makenna's shirt from this shop on Etsy.)
I think Makenna had a good time. One of my favorite parts of the party was that in the middle of opening her gifts she just stopped and wiped her forehead and goes "juice, juice!" like she was so exhausted from opening gifts! She is the funniest, sweetest little girl, and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.
At her 2 year check-up yeserday she weighed 23.8 pounds and was about 32 inches tall. She is still a tiny little thing!
The pink lemonade cookies at her party were a big hit! I got the recipe off of Pinterest, and thought I would share it with you. It is super easy, and super yummy!(I got the recipe from this website).
Strawberry Pink Lemonade Cookies
Cookies-
Strawberry cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. water
1/4 cup pink lemonade mix ( I used strawberry lemonade for a couple of batches, and it actually tasted better than the pink lemonade!)
Add all of your above ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix well. Drop by a heaping teaspoon onto your cookie sheet. I chose to grease my cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Here I go again.
14 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment