Saturday, September 10, 2011

My sister's wedding



I have three sisters, and my baby sister got married last weekend! Laura is six years younger than me. Laura and Kyle have been together for about 2 1/2 years, and I am really excited to have a new brother-in-law! Kailey and Makenna were the flower girls, and I was one of the bridesmaids. Here are a few pictures from the rehearsal dinner:





I ordered their pillowcase dresses from this shop on etsy!

After the rehearsal dinner, my sisters (Allison and Emily), and I planned a Bachelorette Party/Lingerie shower for Laura. We kept it pretty simple, but we did have one super cute activity that Emily planned. We made bra and panty shaped cookies, and each girl had to decorate them. ( I made the cookies using a heart shaped cookie cutter, and I just chopped them in half before baking them. You can order an actual cookie cutter, but it is $16.99!)Laura got to pick her favorite, and ideally that girl would win a prize. However, we forgot to buy one. :)




Me and my sisters!


I ordered the banner from this shop on etsy and the sucker favors from this shop on etsy.

Laura and Kyle's wedding was at 12:00 on September 3. That morning Kailey and I got to get our hair done. Kailey sat very still (for the most part) but she was very unsure about the whole process!





The girls looked absolutely precious in their flower girl dresses! I made Kailey some flip flops and I ordered Makenna these elastic flower bands for her feet from this shop on etsy. They turned out to be perfect! I really thought they were both going to walk down the aisle and do just fine, but when they got to the front of the aisle, Kailey froze, burst into tears, and said "I don't want to! I don't want to!". It was sad and funny all at the same time. Casey ended up having to go and get her! Makenna on the other hand walked all the way up the aisle like it was no big deal at all!









Here is a picture of our reaction to Kailey stopping the show!


The wedding turned out beautiful. Her colors were juniper, gray, ivory, and orange. The flowers were gorgeous and everything was perfect!





Here are the girls relaxing during the reception. I ordered them these adorable flower girl shirts from this shop on etsy.




Laura and Kyle got to honeymoon in St. Lucia! For an entire week! I have been super jealous this whole week, but I am super happy that they got married!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Everything looks so beautiful and fun! And you and your girls look gorgeous!!