Our new school year started last Monday. I started teaching at South Belton Middle School, and the girls each started a new class at their "school". Kailey is now in 3 year old pre-K, and Makenna is now in the "Toddler 2" class. (She sleeps on a mat now and eats lunch at a table!). Kailey also promoted at church, and she has been coming to "big church" with us the past 2 weeks. They are both getting so big!
I was dreading this school year, because I had to leave the school I have taught at for 5 years, against my will. Nobody wanted to leave to go go the new school, because we were all just so comfortable where we were. I knew that God could see the big picture, and that He had a purpose for moving me, but I was still very sad and discouraged. I pretty much dreaded the move all summer long. I really wanted to be with my friends! So many people prayed for me all summer, and have continued to pray for me as the school year began. It has really been amazing to feel the transformation that has taken place in my heart over the past 2 weeks. I can honestly say that I have never had such a great start to a school year, and I am so incredibly happy at SBMS. My principal is so incredible, and so efficient and on top of things, it has been wonderful working for her already! My campus is an Apple campus, meaning that I have a Macbook Pro and an iPad 2. My students are all getting their own iPad 2's as well within the next couple of weeks. We are piloting a challenge based learning program for the school district, and so far so good! There are obviously challenges up ahead, but I am incredibly happy! My school is beautiful, and the people I am working with are great. I will never be able to replace my besties at BMS, and I definitely do not have as great of a department team as I did at BMS, but other than that, things are just about perfect! Here are some pictures of my classroom! Thanks so much for your prayers!
My school is all about collaboration, so we have tons of windows to the hallway and the outside, and our hallways are very wide. We have dry erase board walls in the hallway, as well as couches and tables. We also have projectors mounted in the hallway in case we want to pull 2 classes out to work together at the same time. I don't have any pics of all of these delightful areas, but here are a couple pics of the school, and a video (with my principal and a few co-workers!)to watch!






No comments:
Post a Comment