Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

As with most of Texas and the surrounding states, we have been in a deep freeze for 4 days now. I cannot remember a time when we have been in the teens and low twenties with wind chills below ten, and sometimes below zero! It has been pretty crazy! We still had school, because there was no precipitation, but the attendance has been pretty low. On Wednesday, the power company started shutting off power to some of the schools in my district, to try to conserve energy! Yesterday we had a delay start, and then today, FINALLY we got a Snow Day to stay home! It takes a small miracle for my district to cancel school, in this case it was that the snow started falling around 8:45 last night, and snowed all night! Of course, they didn't cancel it until about 5:00am this morning, but hey, at least they did! So we have been having a fun day so far playing in the snow and enjoying being at home!

(Please excuse our ragamuffin appearances. I never got around to buying Kailey a heavy coat, and I have been looking since last weekend, and I cannot find one ANYWHERE! So, she had on her footed PJ's, a sweatsuit, a sweater, a hooded sweatshirt, a padded vest, mittens, rainboots, and a hat with earflaps. Not the most stylish, but she was warm. And I, wore old boots instead of my Uggs, because I mean, who actually wears their Uggs in the snow, they might get messed up! haha)


We only kept Makenna out in the weather long enough to take a few pictures. The wind is still so cold, I don't want her to get any more sick than she already is! (Speaking of Makenna, her first tooth FINALLY burst through on the bottom gum! Woo hoo!)





Kailey and I ventured to the park behind our house. It was so pretty, covered in snow. I thought this pic was so cool. It is the pathway on the playground. It has holes in it, so obviously the snow only stacked on the thin edges. It looks neat!







I think we are supposed to get up to 52 tomorrow, so maybe we will actually start to thaw! ( I don't mind the snow, but this bitter wind stuff is SO not fun!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so nice you get to live in a place where it snows every winter at least once but not constantly to where its annoying. Jealous!