My friend Leslie is doing these cool things every week where people share about themselves. Today's topic is "A Day in the Life" and you are supposed to share about your daily schedule. This might be a tad boring, but I like schedules, so I'm sharing mine! At least I know she will read it. :)
A Day in MY life:
(Throughout the day I am doing Weight Watchers, so add intermingled in this schedule that I am constantly convincing myself that I do NOT need to eat that cookie!)
6:15 My alarm goes off
6:30 I get out of bed
6:30-7:00 I shower, brush teeth, scrunch hair, and get dressed. Right now my morning routine is very short because 1) I need a haircut, and until I get one, I scrunch the hair then put it up once I get to school, 2) I am completely out of make-up and 3) My contacts are not working for me right now, so I just wear my glasses. Yes that is correct, my routine is short because I am turning into a frump. :)
7:00-7:10 I pack my lunch and fix me some breakfast to eat on the way to school.
7:10 I leave for my drive to school. (This is the worst part of my morning, because my babies are not awake yet, so I don't get to see them until after school! :( )
7:35 Stop at Sonic and buy a Route 44 Diet Coke. Yes that is correct, EVERY DAY. :)
7:45 Get to school
7:48-8:10 Tutorials. Kids can come in for help on their homework, or to hang out before first period. On Tuesdays I have "duty" by the cafetera doors to monitor who comes to tutorials and hand out library passes. (This is where my "Day in the Life Post" gets really interesting, as you can tell. )
8:15-10:02 1st Period, then 2nd Period. I teach English/Reading/Language Arts, so the lesson has something to do with that. Right now, we are reading Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, and doing activities related to that.
10:02-10:56 My Department meeting with my 2 6th ELA teaching cohorts where we plan and discuss how things are going and get on the same page with each other.
10:56-11:26 Lunch. Yup, that early every day. I usually eat next door with my teaching BFF Mrs. Bunch and some other peeps.
11:26-12:28 My Conference Period. This is when I do lesson plans, make copies, get ready for the afternoon classes, call parents, or read my Kindle.
12:32-3:45 I teach 5th Period, Homeroom, 6th Period (which is my Pre-AP class. They are reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin right now, instead of Tuck Everlasting), and 7th Period. During 5th period I have 29 (used to be 30) students and during 7th Period I try to keep from pulling my hair out in frustration. They have bad attitudes. During homeroom right now all the students scored low on TAKS Reading last year, and the benchmark this year, so we are tutoring them in the hopes of helping them pass in April.
3:45-4:00 Clean up the chaos of my classrom. Except on Tuesdays. I have duty at the car awning. And on Thursdays. We have after-school tutoring until 4:50 until the TAKS tests are over.
4:00-4:30 Head home
4:30-5:00 Relax until Casey and the girls come home. Sometimes I start dinner.
5:00-6:00 Cooking dinner, Eating dinner, and hanging out with the fam.
6:00-7:15 Watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and playing with the girls and talking with Casey about his day.
7:15 Bathtime for the girls. Casey and I rotate days. I also lay out their outfits for the next day during this time.
7:35-8:00 Story time, brush Kailey's teeth, blow-dry her hair, hang out and play in Kailey's room with both girls.
8:00 Bottle and bed for Makenna. Rock, Pray, and Bed for Kailey. Each of us takes one kiddo.
8:00-10:00 Usually TV time or Reading the ole Kindle. Right now I am enjoying watching The Bachelor, The Biggest Loser, American Idol, Survivor, and Amazing Race. Reality TV anyone?? On my Kindle, I just finished reading Redemption by Karen Kingsbury, and am about to start Remember by Karen Kingsbury. I am also reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and doing the whole Bloom Book Club Thing with Angie Smith and friends. :)
10:00-10:30 Quiet Time. I am finishing up David Nassar's "A Call to Die" right now...not sure what I'll do next. Suggestions??
10:30 Brush teeth and head off to beddie bye.
Its a plain life, but a blessed life, and I LOVE it! :)
Here I go again.
14 years ago






2 comments:
I loved the schedule. You are very good at keeping it. Everyday in my house is crazy. can't believe that we are about to add another baby into the mix.
Hey! I just saw that you posted this. What is the bloom book club? I'm interested. I've been doing a Bible study on Genesis from The Villiage Church. You can print off the workbook from their website and listen to their podcast over the lesson each week. It's their women's ministry so you have to download it from the website and not ITunes. It's been really good so far.
Post a Comment