We had a very eventful Thanksgiving, but I am most definitely still thankful! On Thursday we headed to my grandparents house in Zavalla, TX. We arrived there around 11:00. When I got Makenna out of the car, I noticed that she was a bit warm, but hoped that it was just from the ride there being a little toasty. After a couple hours, she was still warm, and beginning to get a bit fussy. I began to worry that she might have another UTI, because she was acting very similar to what she had been acting before.
(Sidenote: I have forgotten to blog about this, but since Makenna had that UTI about a month ago, her pediatrician recommended that we have some tests done to make sure everything is ok. It turns out that she has "urinary reflux" which just means that instead of all of her urine coming out when her bladder is full, some of it tracks back up into...well..her kidneys maybe? I don't know where it goes. It just doesn't come down! haha. Anyway, this happens sometimes in tiny babies, so supposedly it can be fixed by taking some antibiotics for a few months. We are seeing a urologist on December 9th to find out more details.)
We called her pediatrician, but since it was Thanksgiving the only person on call was a resident, who was not allowed to call in prescriptions to out of town places. We then had to make the decision of whether or not to just head home, or try to find an Urgent Care clinic in Houston (which is where we were headed for the remainder of the weekend). We decided to just take her to Urgent Care, and when we got there, there were kids screaming in the background, from what we found out were turkey knife related injuries! It was pretty crazy. I digress. Anyway, the doctor listened to her history and since she had a fever of 102.4 he went ahead and gave her a prescription. I am thankful for this, and also thankful that the UTI did not get to the point the other one did. She still had some issues sleeping for the next 2 nights, but what else is new! :)(The only bummer was that it cost 100 buckaroos to take her to the clinic!)
The other unforunate thing that happened was on our way home yesterday night. We were driving between Montgomery and Navasota and all of a sudden this HUGE 18-wheeler tire was in the middle of the road, and there was nowhere to go but over it! It made a very loud sound, which scared the snot out of Kailey and I who were riding in the back seat. None of our alerts on the dash went off, so we were hoping it didn't do any damage. We were wrong. We stopped in College Station and found that our bumper on our beloved Swagger Wagon was cracked in like 4 places. It is pretty bad. But, once again, I am SUPER thankful that the only thing that is wrong is the bumper, and that the tire didn't fly up into the windshield after the car in front of us hit it. Things could have been so much worse!
So, even though Thanksgiving wasn't as fun or smooth sailing as we had hoped, we are definitely so blessed and so thankful for all God has given us and the protection he gives us each and every day!
I will do Makenna's 6 month post this week. I can't believe she is already 6 months old!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment