Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Almost a Very Sad Post

This was almost a very sad post. Our dog, Addie, went missing yesterday evening. We, unfortunately, didn't notice she was missing until around 8:00pm. Kailey, as we were putting her to bed said "Where's Addie?". This is when I realized, that I hadn't seen Addie at all since I had gotten home from school, around 5:00! Ever since we have had the kids, Addie has definitely taken a backseat to them, obviously. It was the most sickening feeling, realizing that I hadn't even realized she wasn't around. I think in the back of my mind, I thought she was in the backyard, because she loves to stay out until dark on days like we have been having. (We think what must have happened, is that she ran out of the garage when Casey was getting the girls out of the car)..Whenever Kailey asked where she was, we began looking in every room for her, and all over the backyard. We couldn't find her anywhere. Casey then left and drove around the neighborhood to look for her, with no luck. So we then hung up signs around the neighborhood in the hopes somebody found her, and would return her to us, safely. This morning, Casey got a call saying somebody had seen a small black dog running around, but the dog had collars on, and ours, unfortunately did not. (1. Addie NEVER runs from us, she always stays right beside us. 2. Her tags jangling always disturbed the babies while they were sleeping, so she hasn't worn her collar in about 3 years.)Most of today I felt so very sad, everytime I thought about all Addie has been to us, these past 5 years. So, I set in my mind to write an "Addie Tribute" post. Luckily, this story has a very happy ending, but before I tell you what happened, here are some pictures and things about our special Addie.

When Casey and I first got married, I wanted a puppy SO badly. We did not have very good jobs when we first got married, and didn't have very much money, so we didn't buy a puppy. In October of 2005, Casey and I went over to his sister's house, and she asked Casey to go and get a box from the garage. At the time, I was selling Homemade Gourmet, and it was a HG box, so I assumed it was having to do with that. They told me to open the box, and here is what happened:


Out popped a 2.2 pound solid black, gorgeous Miniature Schnauzer! I immediately burst into tears, because I had wanted her for so long! Casey's sister, Casey's parents, and Casey had all pitched in to buy Addie for me for an early birthday present. She is still the best birthday gift I have ever recieved. For the longest time, Addie was our baby. She has always been the sweetest, most loving dog that I have ever had. She is definitely the BEST dog I have ever had, and I have had a BUNCH! The only time Addie makes noise, or is hyper, is when somebody comes for a visit. Other than that, she is always so calm and loving.








Ever since having Kailey, Addie has been SO gentle with her, and her and Addie are buddies. Kailey's first word was "Addie". She went around her school classroom talking about Addie, and her teacher had no idea what she was talking about! Here is a link to a post I made about the first time Kailey and Addie played together.




When we brought Kailey home from the hospital, and when we brought Makenna home from the hospital, Addie did this same thing:


Makenna is just now starting to notice Addie. It is pretty cute how she reaches out for her and gets excited when she sees her.

Addie is my naptime buddy. She always comes to find me when I am taking a nap and takes a nap with me, under the covers. She knows that is the only time she is allowed in the bed!

So, as you can see, Addie is a pretty important part of our lives. Thankfully, this evening, Casey got a call from a neighbor who had seen one of her neighbors with a little black dog, yesterday evening. She gave him the lady's name and number. Casey followed up with it, and it turns out the lady lives on the street behind us. We met her in the park, and the dog was in fact, our Addie! I was so incredibly thankful and so happy! I love this dog so much, it would have made me feel horrible to know that somebody kept her for their own, or was mistreating her in some way. So, even though we found her, I wanted to go ahead and post about her, so you would know just how great she is!

2 comments:

believe it or not...it's just me said...

sarah, so very glad this had a happy ending for you guys!!
kelly

Mary said...

Yay! Glad for a happy ending!!!