I don't want to call it our "new normal" because that would mean this is permanent, and not all aspects of our routine are things I want to keep around! Here are a few fun little updates on everybody:
Kailey- She is turning into a little girl full of personality. I mean I thought the girl already had personality, but she really does now! You ask her questions and she stops to think before she answers. She says "ummmm ____" with the cutest little expression on her face. She is always playing with her kitchen and her imaginary friend Shelby. We have been working really hard on the potty-training this past week. She pretty much as the "tee tee" in the potty down, but has NEVER gone "poo poo" and I wonder if I will be sending pull ups and baby wipes with her to college. She wears panties if we are at home and she is awake, and does really well with them. If you have any tips on getting her to go # 2, they would be appreciated, because I have thrown away a few pairs of panties this past week because I am SO not willing to do THAT. :) She also is quite the artist and decided to color in black crayon all over her bed, the walls, a storage bucket, and our front window and window sill yesterday. Let's just say, sometimes she goes back to her room and is really quiet and we all know we should go and check on her, but sometimes we just want it to stay quiet! :) She is a chatterbox! She picks up words all over the place, and it is really just amazing. Her favorite catchphrase is "what happened??". She asks it CONSTANTLY! She is such a sweet big sister, and a really big help to me so far.
Makenna- As I said in the last post, Makenna is already 1 month old! Crazy! Makenna sleeps a lot, still, but when she is awake I just love watching her little twitchy newborn movements. Makenna is a VERY gassy little girl. She has air coming out both ends the majority of the time. That is a big difference from Kailey. Most of the time it is no big deal, but at night it makes her pretty fussy and I just feel so bad for her! She still has all of her dark pretty hair, and her eyes look like they may turn blue like Casey's and Kailey's, which I am hoping for! Basically Makenna eats (every 3 hours 24/7), sleeps, and gets her diaper changed. Nothing too exciting yet!
Me-I am one tired milk truck these days. This delivery is taking me longer to recover from then the first one. Probably because I am not getting as much rest. But, I am getting more used to my lack of sleep and dealing with 2 kids, especially over the last week. I am nursing Makenna, so I definitely have night duty. The other day she slept for 5 hours, which thrilled the pants off of me. But then on the next round we only went 2..but hopefully we will get there one day! I am super thankful to be able to stay home with my sweet girls this summer, and it is going by too fast. I still have about 20lbs to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and then I have about 30 more to go after that. I started Weight Watchers this past Monday, and it is going well so far. When I pulled out my regular clothes the other day, it really made me realize how far I have to go, but hopefully at least by August I will have the first 20 off so I have something to wear to school!
Casey- Casey is in his busy season. He just got back from a week at Centrifuge Youth Camp in Glorieta, New Mexico. This week he is doing missions activities with the youth at a local trailer park, and then going to Schlitterbahn on Thursday. Basically he just gets to play around and go on trips all the time. So he is doing pretty well these days!
Well those are the updates on us, in case you had been wondering. If not, I will read this again one day and be glad I am getting more sleep and sad my kids are not little anymore! :(
Here I go again.
14 years ago






3 comments:
I so feel you...it is the busy season for BOTH Jared & me and it makes it difficult with a newborn and a potty-training sister. I knew it would a tough season but wow am I tired! I wish I could give you some help with potty training but I feel as frustrated as you! I sometimes wonder if I'll send her to college with pull-ups too!!
love hearing about your family! miss you!
from a friend of mine...thought you might enjoy :)
H: mama! i teetee in potty!!
me: um, good? (she's been doing this for a long time) how about poop?
H: NO WAY JOSE!!
hands phone to BB
in background: POOP? YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!
Post a Comment