Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm Learning

Lately, I have had a pretty stressful time at work. I'm not going to go into details, but let's just say, things have been a bit frustrating. Things are still great with my principal, and my students, and my coworkers, but from the head honchos office, things have been coming down the pipe that have been a tad frustrating.

I got so frustrated last week, that it was totally consuming me. I mean totally. I was just letting it completely take over, and then I was letting it affect how I reacted to things at home as well, which obviously is not good.

On top of all of this, I really want a baby, and I just have to face the reality, that it might not be in the cards for us. If there is one thing I have learned this year, it is that God is in control of everything, and if it isn't supposed to happen it won't.

For several weeks, I was totally consumed with having a baby. Until I heard the song "Clear the Stage" by Jimmy Needham.

Um. Have you heard it?

One specific part that got to me was this:

"Anything I I can't stop thinking of is an idol"

or perhaps

"Anything I want, with all my heart, is an idol"

Hmmm...

Yeah, so I have been learning, that I need to be content with what God has blessed me with, and fulfill my purpose on this earth as a teacher, wife, and mother. I need to strive to bring glory to Him, no matter what I want for my life. His purpose for me, is to bring others to Him. It's not for me to have a perfect little family, with the "right" number of children, in my timing.

So that means, that when things get stressful at work, or when I want a baby tremendously, that I need to give those things to God, for Him to control, and I just need to bring glory to Him each day with everything I say and do.

That's it.

I had the awesome opportunity this weekend to go to the Women of Faith Conference, in San Antonio, TX. I went with my church, but especially with my wonderful friend Erin. You might remember reading her story about her son that she lost, named Graham. We were so excited to go to this particular WOF, because our BFF (not really), Angie Smith, was speaking there. If you haven't ever read her blog, you totally need to. She is amazing. Erin and I began reading her blog almost 5 years ago. Angie lost her daughter, Audrey Caroline, 2 hours after she was born. Erin and I were totally consumed with Angie's story way before we ever knew we would be living out our own versions of it 4 years later. We got to meet her, tell her our stories, and get her autograph.

Below are some pics from our trip. I am also going to put links to a few books. There were some amazing speakers at WOF this year, who are incredibly genuine women, that have some wonderful, encouraging books to read. If you have a Kindle, they are all under $10, and if you don't, they are all under $15!






Book Suggestions:

Anything: The Prayer that Unlocked My God and My Soul by Jennie Allen
This girl is a Pastor's Wife, and she had an awesome message! She is pretty young too, so she is easy to relate to!


Stumbling into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman by Lisa Harper
Um. She is HILARIOUS. She has tons of books, but this one is her latest.

Then of course, my BFF, Angie Smith, has 3 books:

What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms


Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole

Then, her first book, about Audrey's story, would be great to read if you have lost a baby, or know someone who has. It is incredible.

I Will Carry You; The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy












1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm praying for you today and every day! I'm so thankful that His mercies are new every morning. I'm praying that you feel refreshed and renewed today. God will use your story just like He has Angie's. Love you!