I realized today that I haven't updated on Kailey and Makenna in quite some time. I know I post pictures of them on Facebook, but I haven't written about them in awhile.
Kailey Rose:
She will be 5 in 2 months. TWO MONTHS! Isn't that crazy? When I started this blog she was only 6 months old! Kailey is so full of life. She asks a kajillion questions a second, because she is just so curious about everything around her. It can get to be a bit overwhelming at times, but I have to remind myself that she is learning, and that is how she learns best! She started 4 year old Pre-K this year, and so far things seem to be going really well. She knows her letters by sight (upper and lower case) and she knows most of their sounds, although she is definitely still working on that part of it. She is taking gymnastics again this year, and she is one of the best in her class. She loves going each week. She is also taking TOTS basketball at school, which she is super excited about as well. She is an Awana Cubbie this year, again, and she will be hopefully memorizing a bunch of new verses this year. She is also still in children's choir at church. She still has trouble being dropped off at her church activities. We are working with her on not being so shy (at first). After she is in there she is fine. At home she talks our heads off and is SO LOUD. She doesn't know what quiet means at all! She is a wonderful big sister to Makenna. So wonderful that she told me she "wishes she was Makenna's mommy". Good grief. Really that just means she wants to boss her around and not get in trouble. :)She definitely has her moments of disobedience, and drama queen-ness, but she is a most wonderful blessing in our house, and I can't imagine life without her.

Makenna Grace:
She will be 2 and a half in November! She thinks she can do anything her big "sissy" can do. A lot of times she can! She is so petite. She still only weighs around 23-24 pounds, and is still wearing 24 month clothes. She is talking up a storm. She will repeat anything anybody says, and she talks in complete sentences, even though sometimes it is hard to interpret! She LOVES playing with her baby dolls, and is such a sweet girl. She loves to eat, and is definitely our good eater. She had to go to the dentist last week because she chipped a tooth in the bathtub, but he says it should smooth out over time. She is an Awana Puggle this year, which we are looking forward to watching her participate in. I still call her my sweet angel baby, even though she definitely has her moments of disobedience as well. She sticks up for herself when Kailey is trying to push her around, and it is sometimes hard not to laugh when she does it. If I start counting for her to obey (like 1, 2, 3) she just looks at me and goes "4, 5, 6, 7". She adds so many snuggles and smiles to our house. I love her to pieces!
Hopefully this updates you on my sweet girls. It at least makes me feel like a better mother. :)
1 comment:
you forgot to mention that makenna is taking after her auntie em and is nearly identical to the size i was at her age!
Post a Comment