Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Recap

Well, as you can see, June has been busy! I didn't blog for the entire month! Here is what we have been up to!

June 1st: Last day of School!

June 2nd: Last day at BMS for me! :( This day was very hard for me because I had to pack up my whole classroom, and move into a storage building until my new classroom is ready at the new school (SBMS). It was very hard for me to leave my school and my friends behind.

June 6th: First teacher workshop of the summer. This one was actually pretty cool because I got a lesson on how to operate my new macbook pro, and I also recieved my new iPad 2! (Perks of moving to SBMS!)

June 12-18: Centrifuge Youth Camp in Glorieta, New Mexico. Casey and I both went this year, and had a ton of fun. The weather was GORGEOUS, and it was nice to get away for the week. We did some hiking up some mountains, drove into Santa Fe for missions at a skate park and did some shopping, and the students made several important spiritual decisions. On the way home we shredded a tire on our trailer, in the middle of nowhere, and ended up getting home a couple hours late, but thankfully nobody was hurt! (Including the youth guys who ended up having to lift the trailer, because the jack didn't work!) For the first half of the week Casey's mom kept Kailey and Makenna (at our house) and for the second half of the week my mom kept them (still at our house!) They were glad to have us home!






June 22-23: Curriculum writing for me. I had to go and listen to info about the new STAAR (replacing TAKS) exam. Then I had to work with another 6th grade ELA teacher to organize our TEKS/units to be in a logical format and add little notes of importance to each one. It was long.boring.tedious.awful. I left immediately from there (on the 23rd) to come home, load up the girls (and our stuff) and head to Kingwood.

June 23-27: Kingwood trip. My baby sister, Laura, is getting married on September 3rd, and we had her wedding shower on June 25th. I was in charge of making cupcakes for around 30-40 people, and it was a lot of fun! It was a really relaxing trip home!

June 28-29: ESL Certification training. I have to get ESL certified on July 30th, and so I spent 2 days in a workshop, learning what to study for the exam! The girls had their first babysitter on the 29th, and it went really well, so hopefully we can start using her more often!

In between all of these workshops and trips, the girls and I have been spending a lot of time at our local splash pad/water park. I got season passes for Kailey and I (Makenna is free) and we have been having fun going there for a bit each day before it gets too hot! Kailey also went roller skating for the first time, and we got a huge pool for the backyard from Casey's parents that we are spending time in.

We are leaving tomorrow for a weeklong trip to Shreveport and southeast Louisiana for a little family vacay with Casey's family! It has been a busy one so far, and it isn't slowing down any time soon! I do not have any teacher workshops in July (except for taking that test on July 30th) and I am very thankful for that. (Of course, they wanted me to go to one, but I said no. :) ) Here are some pictures from June!





No comments: