29 is like that magical "young" age that people who are well advanced in years claim as their "holding" age. I guess in that aspect, the fact that I will be 29 tomorrow should make me feel relatively young. In all honesty, I am still incredibly young, but it sure doesn't feel like it! As my co-worker put it today "you are beginning your 30th year".
Wow. Thanks. There went my 20's.
30 has been staring at me for quite some time now as this looming age of oldness. A lot of the time, I stare at 30 and think of it in a negative way, but I think that is just because I cannot believe that I will be 30 in 1 year! I mean, that is just crazy! But alas, I still have 1 year until "the event". In light of the fact that I am normally negative about aging, I have decided to write my top 29 things about turning 29, in order to show that I do indeed realize how very blessed I am to be the ripe old age of 29. :)
In no particular order:
1. I am not 30 :)
2. I am still the youngest of all the Williams' clan (well except for the kids, but I mean come on, my brother-in-law is 40, I mean that really is old!)
3. I have the most wonderful, giving, loving husband on the planet.
4. I have the best, funniest, most beautiful 3 year old little girl on the planet.
5. I have the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful almost 8 month old little girl on the planet.
6. I (we) have been a homeowner(s) for 4 years now.
7. We have hardly any debt besides our car and student loans.
8. I have a wonderful job with a wonderful school district.
9. I have all 4 grandparents still alive.
10. I have 3 sisters.
11. I have a set of parents who have been married for 31 years.
12. I have a swagger wagon. (Although really, the fact that I think this is cool, shows that I am kinda old!)
13. I have an I-phone.
14. I have been married for 7 years, which is basically an old married couple, which is incredibly comforting, and such a blessing.
15. I am healthy, and so is my family.
16. I have some great friends. (Shout out to my BFF Erin Dugan, whom I miss SO MUCH!)
17. I have a really cute dog who loves me even when I totally forget about her.
18. I have freedom.
19. I have a relationship with the Almighty God who never leaves me or forsakes me no matter how much I whine, complain, and forget to worship and bring glory to Him on a daily basis. (this should really be number 1).
20. I am still in my twenties.
21. I can still see at my old age.
22. I can also still hear at my old age.
23. I can drink Sonic Diet Cokes whenever I want.
24. I don't worry as much about if people like me, like when I was younger.
25. I have a college degree.
26. I am capable of paying my own bills.
27. I can do pretty much anything I want. No more age restriction birthdays to make it through. Well except for getting to the senior citizen discount age.
28. Did I mention that I am not 30 yet?
29. No curfew. Although, ironically, when you are this old, you really don't want to stay up past 10, and you definitely don't want to be out.
Well, at 1:08 tomorrow morning, Happy Birthday to Me!
And, I really am so thankful for my 29 years, and all the blessings God has given me!
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
Happy birthday! :)
Post a Comment