Well, normally I would be status updating and mindlessly stalking people on facebook right about now, but since I can't do that, I will just blog! Makenna is having a rough time going to sleep and staying asleep tonight for some reason. It is either because she has a bad diaper rash that hurts, or because she is teething, or because she has a stuffy nose. (At least I have it narrowed down! haha) But anyway, I can't get on facebook because I have decided to give it up for 40 days while I am doing the Bible Study A Call to Die by David Nassar. I have actually not ever done it before, even though it is kinda old school, and so far I am enjoying it.
I am hoping that 2011 will be a great year of change for me. I have gotten in a rut in a lot of ways, and I really want to break out of it! I'm hoping this 40 day Bible Study will kick start my Quiet times again, because I have not been consistent with them in...I really don't know how long, I am ashamed to say! I am also doing the Beth Moore Bible Verse Challenge, where I am committing to memorizing 2 verses per month for the whole year. My first verse, which I need to have done by the 15th is:
Then Jesus said unto his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life will lose it, and whosoever will lose his life, for my sake, shall find it. For whatsoever does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? Or what shall a man give in exhange for his life?" Matthew 16: 24-26
I chose this verse because I am realizing that I am becoming somewhat materialistic at my ripe old age of 28 (almost 29, gasp!). I am learning that I need to be a much better steward of our money, and we have set some financial goals for this year, that I am really excited about, and this verse just helps me focus on succeeding in those!
I am also hoping to lose about 50 pounds this year. So far I have lost about 3.4 pounds, with a long way to go! But, I need to lose the rest of my "Makenna" weight, plus the other 35 pounds I have gained since high school. :)
Hopefully it will be a great year of change, especialy in my sleeping habits. But of course, that depends on miss Makenna...
Here I go again.
14 years ago






1 comment:
you and casey both should read that book i gave him for christmas! totally changed the way i view life, largely in regards to how i spend my money. its really convicting but at the same time gives you great motivation for giving to others and not spending so much money on yourself. not to mention several other things like sharing the gospel, etc. really good! you can do it!
Post a Comment