Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Happenings

I feel like I have a bunch of little things to blog about that have happened the past few days, but none of them are big enough to make their own blog post. So, this is my Random happenings post!

1. This past weekend my mom and sister Emily came to help get a few things done for the baby. We picked a paint color for the nursery, and sorted Kailey's old baby clothes. Kailey was born in December and this baby will be born in May, so they are opposite seasons. :( So, the onesies and sleepers worked, but a lot of the clothes won't work for this baby! Another bummer was the stains! I thought I had done such a good job of getting stains out of her clothes, but apparently not! I wonder if being packed away in the attic makes stains stand out in clothes? I dunno! It's a good thing I love shopping for baby girl clothes!

2. Kailey has been doing a pretty decent job of staying in her big-girl bed (with the exception of a few weeks ago when the Dugans came to visit. She was up until 10pm one night and 1am the next). Anyway, the only thing she does differently now, is she wakes up at 6:30am instead of 7:30am! So yesterday, we thought we would try something new and tell her she had to go back to her room and play until we came to get her. At first she pitched a fit, but then she began playing. All of a sudden it got very quiet, which should have been a ginormous RED FLAG! I was getting ready for work so I said to Casey "she sure is quiet..I wonder what she is doing". He just said "oh maybe she went back to sleep". We should have known better! I went in there several minutes later and she had pulled a bucket over to her dresser, and was standing on it with the top drawer open. For some unknown reason there was a sharpie inside that drawer, and she chose to color both of her hands, pretty much completely black! Not only that but she opened a tub of neosporin and squeezed it on her hands like lotion!! Thankfully the sharpie came off with some nail polish remover, and a bath.

3. Tonight Kailey felt the baby kick for the first time. I wish I had thought to have a camera ready. Her face was absolutely priceless. She looked at me just in complete awe. She has been really sweet the past few days. She has been talking to the baby and kissing my tummy, without me even telling her to. Then after she felt the baby kick tonight, she just kept her hands on there way past what I thought a 2 year old attention span could endure. So sweet!

I think that is all of my random babblings!

No comments: